Believe it or not, I actually owned a complete Canberra for a couple of days!
After the Falklands conflict of 1982, there were a small number, 6 or 8 IIRC, laying up at the BAe airfield at Salmsebury, in Lancashire, UK, where they'd been refurbished and prepared for an export order to Argentina. Of course, the 'Falklands' kyboshed this, and the aircraft stood there until around 1987 or '88, when they were disposed of. As they had already, technically, been sold, the company, being Government owned, couldn't actually re-sell them, nor could they give them away. So, to get around the problem of half a dozen unwanted, ageing jet bombers sitting on the pan at the BAe field, they were offered to interested museums, preservation groups and so on, for the princely sum of, if my memory serves me, £1 !! This was the 'administration fee' to cover the paperwork! The problem was, there was a strict, and tight, time limit in which the aircraft had to be moved, which, of course, meant by road, as none of these had permits to fly, nor was it likely that type-rated crews would be found to fly them, even if they were airworthy after standing so long in the open.
Anyway, as BAe was one of my clients at the time, I bunged in my £1, and reserved one of the beasts! Of course, there was no way I had the time, or the means or expertise, to dismantle and move the aircraft, so I let a local garage, which had a small, private aircraft collection, have the Canberra!
Hopefully it's still standing behind the garage, with other 1950's and '60's jets. I moved from the area soon after, and haven't had a chance to go back to see if 'my' Canberra is still alive and well. I'd like to think it is!