Carriers!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The only thing in our navy lanc that has any clout is our nuclear subs but they are just covert missile launching platforms and separate from the rest of the fleet.
Our requirements are not the same as when the UK had an empire and gunboat diplomacy was an essential part of maintaining our power but there is a need for at least one super carrier like the Nimitz class these give a nation the ability to place a powerful air component anywhere in the world without having to have a land based infrastructure.
The US super carriers operate with impunity where ever it is deemed necessary and I believe we should have one to A. protect our own interests and B. to support our allies when our government commits to such an action. I would say that the modern Super carrier is the single most powerful conventional weapon at any nations disposal.

Attachments

• aircraft-carrier-15_101.jpg
    aircraft-carrier-15_101.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 495
Lanc, I should also remind you that they haven't been ordered yet. Young Blair keeps repeating his anouncements but he hasn't signed any contracts.

CC there's a better chance of me joining the USAF than there is of you joining the royal army.........

There is no such thing as the Royal Army. Royal Artillery and other Royal Regiments but not the entire army. It stems back to the civil war, yes we did have one a long time ago. Royalty does not sponsor something that commits regicide.

It's the Army Corps, not Royal Army.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back