Carriers!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MP-Willow said:
Andrew thanks. I never really read up on the RN carriers that early in S uperations. Did the Victorious go on to convoy work over the atlantic? That would have been a nice convoy to ride in?

The book just states that HMS Victorious left Norfolk Virginnia on the 16th September and arrived in Liverpool 10 days later, there is no mention about convoy work.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well thanks again for looking it up.

Nonskimmer, that is a nice picture. I did not realize that the harbor was that deep. Are the planes on the deck MirageIIIs?

The planes are Rafales. Halifax Harbour is the second deepest natural harbour in the world, after Sydney, Australia. We get the occasional US carrier in here too, but not that often.

That's the understandable, the U.S don't want to upset you military folk by showing them a real military.

Ahaha, sorry. No one else is giving me anything to work with so I have to resort to Canada. It's sad though because what your country is now, with military, is what our country is quickly becoming. Britain the country that OWNED you! :rolleyes:

It's a shame alright. As for the Britain owning us thing, it's not like I'm ashamed of it or anything. Why should I be? Hell, Britain owned just about everybody at one time or another. :lol:
We still call Liz our queen too, so in a way Britain still owns us I guess. :-k
You could say you're like our estranged parents. So with that in mind, can I have my allowance now? Huh? Can I? :D

No you can't but you can know that out of all Britain's children, Canada and New Zealand we loved most. We probably have owned at least some parts of everybodies country. We owned all of France at one point. :twisted:

Why isn't it? The time we owned France they were considered a strength in the world, hard to believe, eh? Henry VI - King of England and France.
And Britain owned Sicily for sometime. We also captured a lot of Italian owned land in Africa during World War II like Libya and Abyssinia.

And there were British carriers in and out of the Med all the while.
Sorry, just trying to bring a little of the topic matter back to the conversation. :lol:

Sometimes I hate having to be semi-responsible. Oy! :rolleyes:

The World was England or there about! Now if the Royal Navy could have the fleet like the USN, or maybe they can go get some slightly used russian stuff and take back the seas! ;)

I think we are reduced too 2 guys in a row boat with a BB gun at the moment MP ,we'd have trouble ruling a duck pond, in fact if Constables Haywain was around it would be commandered for coastal patrol

Attachments

• constable15_166.jpg
    constable15_166.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 469
Trakie said:
I think we are reduced too 2 guys in a row boat with a BB gun at the moment MP ,we'd have trouble ruling a duck pond, in fact if Constables Haywain was around it would be commandered for coastal patrol

hey, we still have a strong and powerfull navy :salute:

Sorry Lanc but I beg to differ. We have carriers without any fighters to defend them, and more admirals than ships.
The ships we have are as good as the best but so few. The largest ship in the fleet is an assult landing ship and we only have one of those.

Not good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back