Cars that should never have been made!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Anything MOPAR!? How about everything from Ford and GM! :lol:
They look nice in pictures (Mopars) I'm guessing you've either never seen one to compare to Ford or Gm or never worked on one they are the Trabant of North Anmercan cars , how they outlasted Studabaker or AMC is a marvel. Fit and finish are not trademarks of Mopar.Square steering wheels , push button transmissions.

Last edited:
ABW, ah yes the rolling greenhouse, Dorkyness in glass, Wayne and Garth's mirthmobile. Under the summer sun you roasted, the air conditioning was non-existant and the massive plastic dash gave off fumes that made you woosy.
and...
Trabant - it gave communism a bad name, powered by a 2-stroke pollution generator kicking out a massive 18hp while it smoked like an Iraqi oil fire. Not to mention: no brake lights or turn signals.

No offense Grau, de gustibus non est disputantum, but: I see the shoe box, where is the shoe
Well, "In matters of taste, there can be no disputes" certainly applies!

My 2008 tC is the first Japanese car I've ever owned (I've owned many American cars and several German cars) and I have to say, that my Scion has completely impressed me!

It has a 2.4 liter vv-ti 200 horse (spec tuned) engine (with a 5-speed a/t) that delivers excellent performance at the cost of about 32 MPG on average. It handles mountain roads (it has the TRD factory lowered performance suspension) on a par with my '79 BMW 320i and it's incredifbly comfortable of long (or short) trips. One thing I have learned over the years, is that the Japanese are wizards with plastic interiors, where American vehicles are crap.

Case in point, I lusted after the new Chevy Camero...I HAD to have one and then the moment came where I got the opportunity to sit in one...I was devestated. It was the sorriest POS I have even seen and at the moment, a grand dream was brutally murdered.

As far as the Scion goes, I have racked up a whopping 30,700 miles on it and the most I have spent on it, maintenance-wise (aside from routine oil changes), is a new light bulb for my driving light...

As if all of the above-mentioned wasn't enough, it looks completely badass :thumbleft:

IMGP17104[720x479].jpg

Last edited:
They look nice in pictures (Mopars) I'm guessing you've either never seen one to compare to Ford or Gm or never worked on one they are the Trabant of North Anmercan cars , how they outlasted Studabaker or AMC is a marvel. Fit and finish are not trademarks of Mopar.Square steering wheels , push button transmissions.

That's called imagination, styling....
Just because yous didn't have the Hemi, there's no need to throw manure around you mmmate! ;) :lol:

That's called imagination, styling....
Just because yous didn't have the Hemi, there's no need to throw manure around you mmmate! ;) :lol:
Thats called shrapnel there was a reason they were not larger then Ford or GM we ain't all dumb over here. I have very good friends with Mopars 67.68 Cudas and Satellites . I do not know what the fascination with the Hemi is except maybe its easy to spell for the non educated . My 71 Olds with a 455CID would walk away from big block MOPArs and if the race was close I shut down the AC

Mopar is Chrysler.

Scion are Toyotas rebadged in the US of A.

Just in case you didn't know. I didn't.

sorry there wasn't much wrong with the B.L offerings in the 70's design wise,it was more build quality that let them down due to the unions,if you bought a fault free car from them[of which i have had many]they were very good but if it was built on a monday or friday,i have had many 1800's austin, morris and wolseley even selling them for a while from my lock up garage,one of the most underated cars ever and so comfortable to drive with the largest boot you could find in a family saloon

Grau, granted the scion tc has reasonable styling unlike the horrible iq, xd, or xb and the FR-S is getting there. If we're doin BA: Posted this before but: 2000cc, turbocharged Red-line, 270hp, capable of 1G turns, 0-60mph in 5sec my Saturn Sky. OF COURSE they're not made any more

Attachments

• jqkz0j.jpg
    jqkz0j.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 185
The Reliant Robin shouldn't have even made it on to the drawing board, let alone off it.

Also the Nissan Sunny - not a good car, not a bad car, its just too boring!

Most Brit cars had horrible bodies and they just rotted away at least in this neck of the woods , the salt used for melting ice just ate them away . I never liked Chrsler although they had several superb engines in the slant 6 318 and 383 the motors never made up for what was lacking elsewhere in the car

If a car was not popular, i've had at least one.

I've owned Fieros, a Yugo, and drove a early Corvair enough to learn to love it's oversteering tendencies.

But being a AMC fan and owner for almost 50 years, I feel I should defend the Gremlin. Between it and it's rebodied follow-on the Spirit, It sold almost a million cars, one of AMC's best sellers for several years. I've owned one, the rear suspension had as much travel as any other car in it's time, but the rear springs were short, and stiff. So the ride could be firm. But they handled good enough to be the car to beat, in their class, in the years they competed in IMSA racing.

If a car was not popular, i've had at least one.

I've owned Fieros, a Yugo, and drove a early Corvair enough to learn to love it's oversteering tendencies.

But being a AMC fan and owner for almost 50 years, I feel I should defend the Gremlin. Between it and it's rebodied follow-on the Spirit, It sold almost a million cars, one of AMC's best sellers for several years. I've owned one, the rear suspension had as much travel as any other car in it's time, but the rear springs were short, and stiff. So the ride could be firm. But they handled good enough to be the car to beat, in their class, in the years they competed in IMSA racing.
Gremlins also dominated its class in trans am racing in the early 70's when it first came out. The engines were solid, 258 I6 was almost bulletproof. Not the best looking car I freely admit, but all in all very reliable. It's look is the major detractor, and second and third hand knowledge about it being a undependable car simply is not true. BIG AMC and Mopar Fan myself, so I will admit to being a little biased, but AMC made very dependable cars. They should be as most engines were all based on a single platform, especially with the 304/343/360/390 and 401 power plants.

Most Brit cars had horrible bodies and they just rotted away at least in this neck of the woods , the salt used for melting ice just ate them away . I never liked Chrysler although they had several superb engines in the slant 6 318 and 383 the motors never made up for what was lacking elsewhere in the car
PB, What is your idea of a well made car from the 60's and 70's?

800px-Cadillac_Cimarron_2_--_07-01-2009.jpg

I'll throw a car out there, not because it was not reliable, but because it was a horrible idea. Cadillac Cimaron. A overpriced Cadillac version of a Chevy Celebrity, but for double the money!

How about any car made in the last 10 years? Does DEtroit or anybody know the definition of style? They're all the same excpt for maybe a millimeter difference in length of the headlight or grill. Cars today can be found in Huxley's "1984". or is that "Brave New World"? Ugghh.

I will agree with you there NJaco! Not many cars today that trip my trigger, most pare pretty boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back