Cars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a good line on Top Gear..."Corners, as obscure to a yank as a president that can spell his own name"

American cars are good until they reach a corner...

cheddar cheese said:
GermansRGeniuses said:
You kinda need "power" for something like oversteer on acceleration to be exciting or noticeable... :lol:

Like les's Hemi...

The power is enough to burn the tires (I think, don't know much about the model), or at least to do one of those dramatic swerve/twist "takeoffs."

HS, do you drive an Allegro?

You Americans are waaaaaay too obsessed with power. Handling is more fun than power :D

Not really myself, I was just stating that you would need a bit of power to pull a "twist" takeoff...

Example-Say a Mini (stock engine, 50-70 HP) was modded to be RWD; do you think it could pull an oversteer maneuver easily?

No.

I wouldn't be able to stand a Viper, it wouldn't even be able to drift, and that's one thing you can get out of oversteering cars, usually...

Perfect car for me would be a RUF RTurbo, the 590hp version...

For club racing, a RUF RGT RS, RUF's GT3... 8)

GermansRGeniuses said:
cheddar cheese said:
GermansRGeniuses said:
You kinda need "power" for something like oversteer on acceleration to be exciting or noticeable... :lol:

Like les's Hemi...

The power is enough to burn the tires (I think, don't know much about the model), or at least to do one of those dramatic swerve/twist "takeoffs."

HS, do you drive an Allegro?

You Americans are waaaaaay too obsessed with power. Handling is more fun than power :D

Not really myself, I was just stating that you would need a bit of power to pull a "twist" takeoff...

Example-Say a Mini (stock engine, 50-70 HP) was modded to be RWD; do you think it could pull an oversteer maneuver easily?

No.

Yup, i could. Enter a reasonably tight corner at about 50mph, turn in, change down a gear, dump the clutch and floor it. Hey if it works in a normal Front wheel drive Mini the same goes for a RWD I suppose :D I think what you mean by a "twist" take-off is torque-steer. FWD cars with about 200-250bhp have much more torque steer than a RWD Hemi with 450bhp. 8)

And with a Hummer, just push the offending vehicles out of the way :lol:

2001-hummer-h1.jpg

And you know lanc, Land Rovers arent as great off road as you think, there are several vehicles that are much better.

The Hummer is sweet, that H2 thing is stupid and over-sized.

can you quote me as saying "the lanc rover is great off road" CC?? because i've never said that on the site, i know there are better off-roaders, but the hummer is stupid and oversized, you also have to tow around a bowzer if you wanna get more then 5 miles from where you last filled up.................

Chill out... ;)

Even though it has poor fuel economy, the sheer size of the fuel tank makes up for it. And while it may be large, you dont buy a vehicle like that to drive around town in. In the same way you dont buy a Lotus Exige to do the weekly shop. It was designed to do one thing and it happens to excel at doing it.

This is my favourite car at the moment, the original TVR Griffith.

285bhp, 750kg. By my workings, thats a power-to-weight ratio of 380bhp per ton :shock: And this was in 1956 :shock: :shock: 8)

60_tvrgriffith.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back