Cars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
you repeated yourself there old boy...and it probably wasnt named after it, theres probably a place called plymouth in america

I might get an '80-'86 Porsche 911 for my first car, if I can find one in the $10,000-$15,000 range, like one I saw for $15k two blocks down...

My folks were gonna buy a pristine '85 MB 380SE, White paintjob for $2,500, but it has been sold if my assumptions are correct...

We REALLY need to get rid of our '87 Caravan, it always breaks!!!

Greatest Porsches ever are the 959 and the 1974 911 Carrera 3.0 RS...

959-
959_86_400.jpg

Carrera RS 3.0-
74_RS_400.jpg

Well, just about anyone can afford a $2,500 Benz...

And I go to a paid school (Which I hate...), so when I'm done with that and in a public high school with my apartment in Brasil paid off, I can afford a $15,000 car, which is the basic equivalent of a crappy Honda brand new...

Anyway, my van needed repairs a while back which were gonna cost $1,000+, so a used Benz in pristine condition is a logical step at a price like it's at.

the 969 is THE Porsche. I dont like any 911 though. crikey, the only Porshe i have a remote chance of buying is the old 924, £2500 for a good one...

not true - that huge spoiler just made the weight over the front wheels less, and most 911's of that era had lead front bumpers to try and evenly distribute weight. Barring the 996 911, theyre all bad cars. If the new 997 911 shapes up to be good then perhaps ill like that one. but as it is i dont like any.

you repeated yourself there old boy...and it probably wasnt named after it, theres probably a place called plymouth in america

i didn't repeat myself, there is a place in america called plymouth, it's called plymouth because the settelers that left plymouth, england, landed in waht is now plymouth, USA, why do you think it's called new YORK...............

absolutly not, that's a perfectly correct statement...........

and this is my 5000th post, go me, this'll be the 3'rd time i've been base commander, i just wanna thank everyone on the site apart from CC, thank you all :lol:............

Moving the Porsche discussion here, if the 924 REALLY was better, it would have sold for being a good car, not for being a cheap Porsche, like it did.

Not all people buy things just because they are traditional or conformist, so my point here is that the 924 would have at least gotten a RUF model or continued selling.

The Boxster is an example of what I mean of a car not having to be a cheap model of a prestigious brand for it to sell; sure, it's not exactly cheap per se, but it is cheaper that a new 911, yet it continues to seel and change.

Why? Because it's a good car. Many people who can afford a 911 rather buy a Boxster.

Anyways, uncontrolled cars are fun!

They give you more satisfaction as well as a challenge at first, but when you get used to it, it's a great feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back