Catalina over Arctic Oceans - Wg Cdr F J French OBE DFC AFC AE

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rocketeer

Senior Airman
Jan 19, 2009
Salisbury
My grandfather was a pilot during WW2 and sank a UBoat from his Catalina. He was awarded a DFC and an AFC. To my delight, my edited Grandfather's memoirs will be published in November 2012 by Pen Sword.
I am keen to tell the story of my brave grandfather, his crew (which included a Canadian) and the amazing Catalina. If you know of anyone who may be interested in the book, please let me know by PM or thru my website
regards
Tony

Cheers guys.....the publisher has asked me to compile a list of people who would be interested in a copy at 20% off....they would send a leaflet to the addresses. So please PM me if interested. Cheers Tony

Hi Anthony
This sounds really good can't wait to read can you let us no all details so we can order at our local library

My grandfather worked in the San Diego factory building the Catalinas. He at one time was in charge of the crew installing the deicer boots on the wings and tail surfaces. He's dead now, but he recalled the time when he was at work and the factory loudspeaker came on to announce to the workers that one of their birds had found the Bismark for the Royal Navy / Air Force. The workers all cheered as they were not expecting such an interesting announcement.

It arrived today and I am delighted! It is available from most good book shops and also online from Amazon etc as well as the publishers Pen Sword! Delighted to get his story out there!

Catalina over arctic oceans by John French, edited by Anthony Dyer

Just been looking at the Pen Sword listings, but keep losing connection!
I'll get it ordered when I can get a good connection - seems to happen only on their web-site, and one other site - strange!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back