Change the Christmas banner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Attachments

• BannerWW2aircraft.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 215
If you clear your cookies etc.. it's the reason for you can't see the banner when logged out. Try to leave it without cleaning.

Last edited:
If you clear your cookies etc.. it's the reason for you can't see the banner when logged out. Try to leave it without cleaning.
I am thinking along the lines of allowing non members to see the banner. As a member all I have to do is login and I can see the banner but someone just finding the site will not see the banner.
I have Firefox and Internet Explorer 10 so my not being able to see the banner when logged out is not limited to IE 10...

Wheels

It is quite strange what you say. The banner is visible both when logged in and logged off. So all non members should see it too. Here is a snapshot of my screen when the site was accessed via the Google.

Last edited:
It is quite strange what you say. The banner is visible both when logged in and logged off. So all non members should see it too. Here is a snapshot of my screen when the site was accessed via the Google.

View attachment 240787
The banner was not visible for me again today before I logged into the site.

Are you linking the banner at the top of the page to the image that you uploaded into the thread you posted in the "Announcements" forum?
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/announcements/new-forum-banner-38161.html

I seem to recall that the only forum that allowed images to be seen by non users was the "Signature/General Pics Upload" forum. All the other forums permissions including the "Announcements" forum have been set to hide images from non members. For the banner to be seen by non members the "Announcements" forum's permissions would need to be reset or you would need to upload a picture to the "Signature/General Pics Upload" forum and use it for the banner at the top of the page instead.

Wheels

I don't know why you have the problem I can see it both being logged out or in. It seems that it is caused by your net browsers. But I'll check it again.

The thread with the banner has been moved to the Siggy section. How about now?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread