Child Cancer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

k9kiwi

Staff Sergeant
Jul 2, 2006
Kiwi Land
Cancer in children is heartbreaking, not just for the young life effected but for the family involved as well.

In my town of 10,000 we have 4 children currently undergoing therapy for various cancers.

New Zealand holds on annual event (in two days time) with major media coverage called the Funrazor

All of the money goes to the Childrens Cancer Foundation to assist the children and their families through this traumatic time.

Basically we get sponsorships to shave our heads in public. :rolleyes:

Guess who has been "volunteered" from the local Fire Brigade to be this years victim in two days time. Ah well, at least we have heaps of sunscreen. :p

Anyway, I have an online page raising sponsorship and showing the before photos etc on it.

Yes the after photos will be posted as well for those that wish to have a good laugh.

What I am asking is that you dig up, dust off and use your credit card (secure transactions) to sponsor me please. The money is passed directly into the CCF bank account, nothing to do with me.

I have seen the results too many times of taumatic events occuring to children, and the results upon the families, this is my small way of trying to help a litlle bit to relieve the impact upon them.

Your small bit would be greatly appreciated.

PS. feel free to leave a rude comment when you do, just not TOO rude, it is a family show.

Sponsorship Page is Here

Kia Kaha.

Great stuff Kiwi mate. Honourable and great cause. We have 'Bluey Day' and Shave for cure over here, similar stuff.

Cancer has touched me via other people and other illness which is why I admire your part and others who are part of these events.

Good on ya, Kiwi. I have a brother and sister, and THE most adorable niece(looks just like me! :D)that are living amongst you guys. Will see what we can do. Gotta get down that way in a few years. I'd just have to train for the plane ride.

I support you 100 % I know this evil crap first hand even in my own personal life, lost too many relatives including my mother to this ****

go for the cause

Thank you all.

Mrs Les, give us a shout when you are going to, we can arrange accomodation at the top of the south island and show you the best sights around the area, and a few beers.

Now dig out those credit cards. :lol:

I'd love it, though I can't be on the same contintent as my older brother without bloodshed. BUT, its a big place, yes??? My little sister and her hubby are flying here after the first of the year..might try next year. To hear tell..we won't want to come back. LOL. OR at least my siblings didn't.

There are two main islands with a gobbing big hunk of water in between, reffered to by us South Islanders as "The Moat"

Apart from that, just because you visit a country does not mean you have to visit family.

After all, they are only family by birth, not choice.

Once you see what exists around the top end of the South Island you may not want to go back. We tell everyone who calls us from Auckland (where we used to live) that "It is rubbish, you will hate it" hoping that puts them off finding the truth and moving here.

Ok it is 1 1/12 hours until the SHAVE

Nerves? Nope, going to have some fun.

Overall the shavers are showing NZD $ 315,820.58 raised so far, but this will not be the final figure.

So far I have raised NZD $ 730.00 or approximately a real small percentage of the total.

After action shots will be sent for censorship prior to being posted.

It is not to late to sponsor.....

My page for shaving my lid

It is done, the Kiwi is BALD.

$ 730.00 raised in 3 days isn't to bad.

Damn it was fun and I will be doing it next year.

Attachments

• nerves.jpg
    nerves.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 94
  • start.jpg
    start.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 109
  • almost.jpg
    almost.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 000_1101.JPG
    000_1101.JPG