Clip tip Spit (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi mate. Trying to post any colour on the net is a bit hit and miss, due to various factors regarding appearance etc. 'Sky', again, is one of those colours that is debatable, as it weathered differently, batch to batch etc. It is sometimes refered to as 'Duck egg Green' or 'Duck egg Blue' , which shows the variations! Not sure what's available in acrylics, but Humbrol do the colour, which they used to have labelled as 'Sky Type S', which was the correct 'official' title. There is also a gloss version available in enamels, from Xtracolor, called 'Sky'. I normally mix my own if out of stock of the actual paint, using matt white, with just a touch of yellow, to make an 'off white not-quite-cream' colour! I know, it sounds hap-hazard, but it works! Once again, Eric's pic of the MkXVI shows the colour on the code letters. Very often, kit decals in 'sky' are totally wrong, being too blue or too green; if they look more like a pale cream, with a hint of blue or green, then they're probably OK.
It'll be easier if I have an e-mail and postal address for you, that way I can e-mail some pics and/or profiles, and mail you some actual colour samples, which I'll paint onto card for you. You should be able to match from those. I should also be able to provide some background on Johnson's kites, and I would think the service history of his most photographed JE-J. I should have the info somewhere!
PM me with the relevant details, and I'll get something together before Christmas, with any luck!
Nearly forgot; my writing has encompassed everything from technical and training manuals, to magazine articles on off-road driving, survival, modelling and so on. I've written two and a half (!) full novels to date, but only 'pushed' the most recent one, with the sequel in production. The first full novel, 'Gescwader', is the story of a young Luftwaffe fighter pilot, from the fall of France to wars end, a sort of 'Das Boot' of the sky! Got lots of help from a former Luftwaffe pilot, and from many RAF veterans. Must follow up on that one! The latest is a present day 'thriller', centred around a middle-aged, ex-SAS Sergeant, who accidentally becomes embroiled in a major terrorist plot to strike at the heart of Britain, and foreign leaders, in an attack at a Royal event in Britain. His life is in danger, his best friend tortured and killed by the 'gang' who are trying to find him. He goes 'to war' to find his friend's killers, and becomes involved with the 'authorities' in foiling the terrorist's plot. The title is 'Yorvik', so if it does hit the shelves, you know where it came from!
Terry.

Cheers mate. PM on the way.

Eighth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back