Crashed Aircraft of WW2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's the position of the Elsan, much as described by the gentlemen above.

IMG_1304_zps5fa7dafe.gif

Only ever used as a last resort :)

Cheers

Steve

Thanks, I found it on my own drawings as well :) It was described that while over the target, the content of the Elsan was sometimes added to the released bomb load. Quite effective I think :D

lol...i have one of those extendable masts for a dingy! of all the things my dad brought home i could never figure out why he wanted that. i use it for various things at my summer camp...still works fine.

Looks like my company is not interested to publish an article. :(
They say they don't want to have archeologists to dig for it as it will damage the structure off the soil (we're a vegetable seed company). Thus they also don't want to give any attention to it in the company magazine as they want to keep it secret.
I told them that as it had been on the newspaper, there 'secret' was already in the open and that ignoring the fact would not make it go away. This in more friendlier words of course.

Yup, that's what I thought. Unfortunately I cannot say that. If I want to get though, I'll have to use all my diplomatic skills.

But it's stupid that they want to keep it quiet as it has already been in the newspaper and the local government is planning on putting an info-sign at the location. Keeping it silent will not take the problem away.

Perhaps not so much of a "capitalist" thing as it is the fear of losing control of the area to be excavated, especially if something significant were found?

If they don't permit any digging, then things remain "status quo" and perhaps hope that by ignoring what may be under there will make it go away.

secretly solicit someone outside of the company to start a petition and make some noise to the newspapers that this site should be a monument....

You know, I didn't ask them to allow the excavation, all I wanted is write an article about this young, unknown airman that died on our soil. I think it is a shame that they don't want to cooperate.

They found a new excuse for me. On my last email they answered that "this subject is not specific for the company and the magazine is meant for the communication in the company. We have plenty more better stories to tell which would interest people more than this and there is at the moment no room to place the article."

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back