Crunch V2.0

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crunch

Senior Airman
G'day you lot!

A lots happened since I was last here (around 3 years ago)... Well, with me anyway, doesn't look like this place has changed a lot! :lol: Don.t worry, that's a good thing.

3 Years.... Well... I'm still doing Pest Control, but I've since changed from a 'Me and the boss' job, to 'Me, 30-odd technicians under me, too many upper management mouths to feed and a global company... I'm now the supervisor for Sydney at ISS Pest Control. Also doing national work, auditing large food production sites, which for the company is a multi million $$ portfolio. Bit different from me and the boss, but ech has it's merits and I'm happy where I'm sitting in the food chain. Currently in Melbourne working for the week, flying back home tomorrow... Can't wait!

We've moved house.... 2 streets up from where we were, and in the process packed up all the modelling gear. I've been concentrating on my other love since then, fishing. Chasing Tuna and other large pelagics up and own the coast and doing it from the rocks. Pretty awesome ecosystem we have here, and there's only a handful of other places in the world that has that opportunity. Not that I've achieved many of my fishing goals, but I don't expect to do it all in a few years. That's a life game.

Oh, and we've had a baby! Now 8 month old Georgia Grace. Lovely little dumpling. Getting to the exciting part now, just learnt to crawl and causing mischief.

That feeling has been building up the last few months though. Where I've been thinking about unpacking some boxes... Drifting in and out of the forum and just getting the itch back. So a few weeks ago, I went on a rampage. Cleaned out the shed for the first time since we moved, cleared off the workbench and started unpacking boxes. And you all know the story from there :lol:

On the bench now is some technique retrievers - 1/48 P40 that I half built (I literally had to wash the dust off!) and a 1/72 CR42 (1 of 2 I have of that kit). Also keen to get stuck in to an SM79 and a Caribou that I bought back in the day. Turns out, a good mate's dad actually flew A4-208, the exact 'bou that I am building! Only found that out a few days ago. Funny story.. Went to the RAAF museum at Point Cook to burn a bit of time where A4-152 is on display. Threw a photo up on facebook and he told me that his old man flew it. Then I asked if he had any photos I could reference because I'm building A4-208 when I get home. Then he told me he flew them both! :shock: :lol: Yep, small world that one!

Also picked up a BR20 Cicogna at a model shop down here, never seen the kit before so i had to grab it (Italeri 1/72 limited edition), and an MC202. So that, the CR42's and the SM79 should make a sweet little set!

So that's me blokes. Glad to be back..... But wondering how I'm going to juggle doing everything I want to do with Summer and fishing season coming back :shock: , plus work and bub!

Cheers,
Andrew.

Hello, I'm Paul, and I challenge you to a dusty P-40 contest.
Mine can be found on Parsifal's 1/72 DH. Sea Venom thread, post # 95, in the current GB.
Beat that!:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back