Customs in UK (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Amid the splutterings across the Atlantic... you have to admit that the English are more polite than a lot of nations :)

Yep. On at least two trips to various parts of Denmark, it was explained to me that English is a difficult language (when I was trying to learn Danish), as there are so many extra words due to our politeness!!
(My reply was "B*ll*cks!".)

Amid the splutterings across the Atlantic... you have to admit that the English are more polite than a lot of nations :)

i used to have to work 3 international inbound flights....frankfort, gatwick ( london ), and charles de gaulle ( paris). lovely people the british. in all my years doing that flight i NEVER had a problem with any of the passengers...even when things werent to their liking. i have had less problems with brits than i have with my fellow americans. main problem with the frankfort flight was the language...but the germans were even agreeable enough as well.

Last edited:
i used to have to work 3 international inbound flights....frankfort, gatwick ( london ), and charles de gaulle ( paris). lovely people the british. in all my years doing that flight i NEVER had a problem with any of the passengers...even when things werent to their liking. i have had less problems with brits than i have with my fellow americans. main problem with the frankfort flight was the language...but the germans were even agreeable enough as well.
Just don't mention the war. I did, but I think I got away with it .......

Terry... :lol:

That was a reference to Basil Fawlty (John Cleese) in a 'Fawlty Towers' episode when German tourists stayed. It was hilarious!

Basil Fawlty: 'And would you all stop talking about the war!'
German tourist: 'We didn't start it!'
Basil: 'Yes you did! You invaded Poland!'

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back