CYBER ATTACK REMINDER

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LEARNED my lesson on that the HARD way (as always). I have a 2Tb external drive that I clone my internal hard drive to on the first of every month. The 2Tb drive is turned on to do the back-up and then promptly turned off when completed. In addition I have an account with Norton which allows off-site back-up which my Norton anti-virus does automatically. Not the entire hard drive but pictures, documents, etc. Not to mention that I DO NOT ever open unknown email or attachments.
With all the computer experts out there I don't understand how a computer can be locked and no one can "unlock" it. What one man can do another should be able to undo

Back in January our company and job site was hit with a nasty nasty virus. In 5 minutes it hit 1200 servers and 17000 computers. It took our entire IT staff (~150 people), forensic experts from Microsoft, and expert staff from Symantec 3 weeks before recovery could even begin. Every time they rebuilt something and got it back on an isolated domain it would get infected again and instantly encrypt and attempt to send the data to cyber land then the hard drive would wipe itself clean (they think it was Syria or Turkey). Definitely a targeted attack as it only hit chemical and oil companies in the region. Some of these viruses are NO BUENO. A similar virus hit our parent company a couple years ago and they just ordered 30,000 hard drives and replaced everything top to bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back