DB Coopers Chute Found???

lesofprimus

Brigadier General
18,825
48
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Location
Long Island Native in Mississippi
Website
ihatemeatballs.com
Headline News just reported that supposedly, Coopers Chute was found in Southern Washington State, right near where they thought he went down....

Anyone else hearing any news on this??? They had an interview with the guy who supposedly packed this particular chute that Cooper strapped to his back...
 
IAWTC
 
I think brilliant would have to wait to see if he survived IMHO. I understand what you're saying, but if he actually made off with it and is living in the better part of the Northwest, riding bikes and ....oh....I'll shut up now. :)
(I think I just got a demerit!)

or maybe we finally have a pic for the Members thread from Matt?
 

Attachments

  • db_cooper_2_crop380w.jpg
    db_cooper_2_crop380w.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 210
Heard it on the local news last night. Only thing I question is whether the chute could survive in the elements for 37 years? If the chute they showed on the news snip last night was the actual one they found it appears to be in pretty good shape.
 
LMAO @ Njaco! our resident sage?!!! Say it ain't so!! :lol:

Charles, if he did survive, he would have blown through that amount by now..how much was it?? $700.K??
 
200,000 total. They found about 5,800 a few years ago in a bag that match the Cooper loot. 200k doesn't go far these days, so I can't imagine he's got much, if any left now. That is, if he survived.
 
Heard it on the local news last night. Only thing I question is whether the chute could survive in the elements for 37 years? If the chute they showed on the news snip last night was the actual one they found it appears to be in pretty good shape.

If the chute was made out of nylon (and it probably was), it would survive for quite a while; nylon is, after all, basically plastic, and it takes plastic a long time to break down, especially if it's buried and not exposed to UV rays.
 
Only a news snippet here. Found the chute, blah ,blah, blah...

But as Evan noted they also found money in a bag in southern WA and the two are not remotely located in a similar spot. No more news to date.
 
still running the story every 15 minutes on CNN :rollseyes:
 
Looks like it is not one of the Cooper chutes.

Parachute 'absolutely' not Cooper's - Life - MSNBC.com
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back