Deleting spam

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
Hi I wonder if you shouldn't just delete the spam posts instead of altering them.. Now, the posts stay there and they are still annoying, breaking up the continuety of the tread.

regards,
Marcel

Hi I wonder if you shouldn't just delete the spam posts instead of altering them.. Now, the posts stay there and they are still annoying, breaking up the continuety of the tread.

regards,
Marcel
We'll do both. Sometimes it keeps other spammers from posting, but there are times we'll delete them after we added our "own personal touch." If you request a certain one to be removed I could do that at no extra charge! ;)

I normally do. I deleted the one you reported right away T4.H. I caught one last night before it could be reported. I love banning them in the middle of posting another spam! :evil4:

I normally do. I deleted the one you reported right away T4.H. I caught one last night before it could be reported. I love banning them in the middle of posting another spam! :evil4:

Strike!
I realy would like to see his face in this moment.

I wish they had websites. Most of them just have hotmail or yahoo accounts, free and easy to move around. I just want to be behind them as they start typing that crap. One good punch to the back of the head, then a couple of good slams against the monitor, etc etc.

And one of my favorites (thanks Dan), jump on their spleen.

Lee..... this person had a list of Minolta stuff you just wouldn't believe.
It went on and on. And, it was his first post.

Actually, I'm not in the market at present. I have a Nikon D70 and a Nikon
N51, and several lenses that will fit both. Nice of you to ask, tho, mate !

Charles

I run a Nikon also so does Eric problem is his pics make mine look like they were taken on a Kodak Box Brownie.

Lee

Hi everyone,

Since these spam posts seem to be chronic, maybe there is a way to upgrade the "captcha" of the board (wavy letter display and input) to keep out the spambots?

Just asking because I recently heard that some spambots can get around simple captchas by now ... of course, they won't stop manual spammers.

CAPTCHA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

I run a Nikon also so does Eric problem is his pics make mine look like they were taken on a Kodak Box Brownie.
Lee

I just saw this, Lee. Eric just got him a brand new D80. I'll have to
live with my D70 f o r e v e r ! Of course he's got that umpteen mm
lens, too. But.... I'm learning !

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back