Desperately Seeking Motivation.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After the weather here in the last year, I've got an Ark going spare, FOC --- shipping is extra though !!

And rightly so Terry! We can't be having with these young royal upstarts having weddings all over the place and expecting one to turn up at the drop of a hat!
One has standards to uphold...

:)

There will be plenty of nice frothy stuff and celebration in this house once the whole shebang is over and we can all get back to normality........................
drinking-8.gif
drinking-8.gif
.....bottoms up chaps!!!!!!!!!! :p

Greetings all. Sorry for not responding but when I go to work, it's out of town so I'm away from the interwebs for those days(14 hour days).(enclosed is my ride). Thank you for the positive responses and in the remaining days off I am going to select a project and again attempt to finish it. Reading this thread and others on this site makes me wish we had a model club in this small town(pop. 2500) as I'm sure talking with others would also help me get over this funk. Pix will follow and critics are encouraged. I'm a grown man and can take it. Oh, there may be tears, but it can only make me stronger.

MyRide.gif

Last edited:
As haul trucks go, that's a mid-size.(Only holds 200 tons) Anyhoo, after much pondering I've decided to try,try,try to start/finish Hasegawa's 1/48 Hawker Typhoon MkIB. Not liking to finish a model of the masses, this will be converted to the photo-recon version. I'll start a new post in the "Start to Finished" section. Please don't expect this to be a speedy build as I have been unjustly accused of having(Hey!!! Look.....a squirrel) A.D.D.. There is a picture of the plane in the Squadron/Signal In Action Series #102. I've read about the problem with the fuselage insert and think if I get through that, no problemo. Again, thanks again for the responses. Geo

Hey Geo, we don't Expect anything, it was a short haired squirrel wasn't it, just enjoy the achievements in doing. If you give up red dye no. 2 you'll stop seeing them squirrels. I did a Typhoon for the BoB Gb. Never knew much about them coming from the U.S. Concentrating on the Commonwealth aircraft now. But trying to do a series of USS Yorktown aircraft as I served on it in the early 60's as aircrew with HS-4. Anyway, look forward to seeing the progress on the cam ship. Bill

Apologies for dredging up an old post but I thought it'd be more appropriate to tag onto an existing (albeit five year old) discussion than to start a new one. Do you guys find that your motivation is related to the subjects that you are modeling? I've always been a fan of Axis aircraft even as a boy so whenever I stray to do an Allied aircraft, my motivation seems to get kicked down a notch. Being involved in the Group Builds helps a bunch due to the interaction of fellow modelers but I still noticed that my Spitfire 24 build petered out at the end even though the build went very smoothly. Conversely, I was really jazzed with the 1/32 190D-9 build from beginning to end despite the disappoint of throwing out much of the resin that I had planned for it.

I'm planning to do a P-51B for a friend of mine and since it doesn't fit with the current GB's, I'll be taking it to the Start to Finish board. I'm worried that I'm gonna run out of steam because I'm not a huge Mustang fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back