DESPICABLE - Father of dead soldier has to pay Westboro Baptist Church

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm an EMT I went to the Upper Big Branch mine after the explosion. I was with the families of the miners helping with relief supply and taking care their medical needs. I saw the emotions there if these persons had shown up like they was supposed to it would have been very bad for them. People around here do not take that stuff to kindly.And yes I would have probably helped.

This is the local group from around here. Good bunch of guys. I've talked with one of them and thanked him.

LAST PATROL INC

Attachments

• patrol001.jpg
    patrol001.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 168
Its the America that gives everyone the freedom of thought and speech...even to the lowest turd. Really wouldn't have it any other way.
Yes.
It is not popular speech that needs the protection of the Constitution, it is the unpopular. That being said,
The W.B.C. has been rude, disrespectful, and are proven to be the worst sort of media whores, the type that only "put on the show" when the cameras are running.
Do they deserve physical violence, or even death threats? Because they spout a more virulent form of religion?
Where does it end?
Fred Phelps is a disbarred attourney, but with his daughter and several other family members, they have no shortage of lawyers.
They have it figured out to the very edge of the law, just how far they can go. They want physical attacks. They want your scorn, it feeds their conviction that, they, and they alone, know what god wants.
Never forget that it is not just a publicity stunt, they really believe this stuff.
Youtube has many videos of people trying to discourage the W.B.C. with varing degrees of effectiveness.
The only thing that seems to work is the tactic of flooding their space with overwhelming numbers of people carring signs that are very close in appearance to theirs. Differing in the wording, of course.

Njaco, Meatloaf, you both said it perfectly, but it is so very very hard to see these animals in person. I had a post on these cretins several months ago when I was at a local funeral for a KIA soldier. When they started spitting on the procession I lost it. Couple of cops grabbed me before I got too far. Told me they felt the same way but to go home before they had to arrest me.

Tecnically, spitting on another person is considered assault, according to the law...those douchebags should have been arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law...

Tecnically, spitting on another person is considered assault, according to the law...those douchebags should have been arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law...
Yep, try spitting on a cop and see what happens.
They should have been sued by the folks that got spit on.
If it had been captured on video there would be no denying it.
Hit 'em where it hurts, the pocketbook, and they would stop soon enough.
I don't think they will go away when the old b@stard dies, Shirley the nutjob is there to assume the mantle.

Total truth, reminds me of that thread about desecrated graves in Lybia
I try to see all side of an issue, This does not mean that I agree with all or any side, necessarily.
I have no sympathy for the W.B.C. cretins, I think their behavior is reprehensible, and I would gladly take part in stopping these idiots.
The method decribed works, and the more video evidence against them, the better!

Update: 2013 and they're still at it, just recently picketed some more soldiers' funerals. I'm an atheist and I know for a fact that what they're doing isn't part of Christianity or any religion for that matter, it's just them hating anyone who won't join their crazy club. They even tried to picket the funeral of a Boston Marathon Bombing victim.

They are a group of lawyers that created a church most likely for tax exempt status.

They have about as much religion as the sun has beaches...we can only hope that someday, they have a party complete with Jim Jones flavored koolade.

Remind me what an atheist is again? Ur words. Not wiki's.
Permit me, Procrastinator.
An atheist has no belief in a god. Any god. We are all atheists in some respect, I'm sure you don't believe in dianna, or perhaps, zeus. I, and those like me just go the whole hog, and don't believe in any god or gods.
Nothing personal, and I have made clear that as long as believers don't want to kill me because I don't believe, I have no problem with anyone's beliefs.
It's just that I have never seen any proof of the existence of a god.
That's all.
I'd be happy to continue the discussion in a PM, if you would like. I consider myself to be open-minded, and would welcome any input.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back