Dive brakes on NSGr's Ju87s?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Swing

Recruit
Jul 9, 2010
I'm building an Italeri Ju87D-5 kit,which includes flame-dumped exhausts. For addition of my Fiat CR42LW, I'd like to build the stuka as a D-8 version.
However, I cannot congfirm whether the dive brakes on night attackers removed. On SSP In Action, page 53,a D-7 or 8 had dive brakes, but some profiles imply that night versions had their dive brakes removed. So,is removing dive brakes a standard conversion? or varies from different units

According to my info the night attack Stukas were based on D-3 variant for D-7 and the D-5 one for D-8. Because the D-3 type had the dive brakes left but locked , so the D-7 variant might have had these as well. But it is stated these air brakes were removed though. The D-5 variat of Ju87 had these removed fully and being the base for the D-8 type , caused the one wasn't equipped with them as well.

According to my info the night attack Stukas were based on D-3 variant for D-7 and the D-5 one for D-8. Because the D-3 type had the dive brakes left but locked , so the D-7 variant might have had these as well. But it is stated these air brakes were removed though. The D-5 variat of Ju87 had these removed fully and being the base for the D-8 type , caused the one wasn't equipped with them as well.

Many thanks

in some German references-documentation recorded there is the (N) behind the D-3 and D-5 with the result that D-7 and D-8 were added in but truly there were no D-7/8 variants. most cases the dive brakes were deleted the dive bombing that we know of 1939-early 44 for day time StG's changed with tactics for the NSGr's that dive bombing in the truest sense was not used on operations anymore

in some German references-documentation recorded there is the (N) behind the D-3 and D-5 with the result that D-7 and D-8 were added in but truly there were no D-7/8 variants. most cases the dive brakes were deleted the dive bombing that we know of 1939-early 44 for day time StG's changed with tactics for the NSGr's that dive bombing in the truest sense was not used on operations anymore

so, D-3/N,-5/N instead of D-7,-8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back