Do You Remember Your First?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My first model was a Yellow 57 Chevy race car. I can't remember the name (I think the name was in big black letters across the rear quarters) but it has a big chrome tank of some kind sitting on the front bumper. I believe the car is still available today.

My first air plane was an F4 Phantom. I remember hand painting a great camo on the top, but I tried to paint the bottom white. After about 75 coats it looked like a snow covered turd. :cry:

Aurora 1/48 T-6.Pilots molded in and all.Brush painted it yellow...(ich) to be an SNJ. I kept it for a lot of years but it finally bit the dust in the late sixties.
Ed

A Boeing 707 from a Kellogg's cornflake packet offer way back in about 57. That was about the time the tiny Matchbox cars came on the market, about 1/3d each.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

I built my first model when I was 8.It was a 57 bel air which I cut the tip of my finger off with an exacto knife in the process of building it...still have the scar. Unfortunately the misinformed driver took a wrong turn and happened to stumble upon the gun range (pellet guns... no I am not actually going to go out to a range to shoot it) and somehow it burst into flames and exploded...This happened to be the case with almost all of my models....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back