Do you remember....?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
....when you were either heavy metal, punk or synt?:lol: How many clicks are there around today that kids are trying to desperately fit into, emo, goth, prep, poser, skater, loner, jock etc.? Gives me a headache... :rolleyes: How easy didn't we have it fellas, eh?

'I Want to Be Committed"
"Ballroom Blitz"
"Fox On the Run"
"Little Willy"

I acutally have two of their albums, Soren - Desolation Boulevard and Best of....

we had disco,northern soul,rock 'n' roll,rockers,mods and punk when i was in school.i opted for punk.then,half way through when i was about 14-15,new romantics rose up,created by midge ure of ultravox.midge created a band called visage with steve strange as the singer,and created the first ever man in womens make up/clothing band image,aswell as the first ever music video for television.Steve strange was originally a follower of the sex pistols and stranglers,way back in 1976,when punk was in it's infancy.
It was around this time,the creation of visage,that punk turned into a massive confusing farce,where different groups stood for different styles and types of punk.It got really annoying hearing 1st formers saying to me and my mates '' you lot ain't punk,you don't have a skinhead and don't buy OI! records like us lot !! ''. if any of us original punks said we liked a specific song,say like a beach boys track,the young new oi! punks would say even more stupid things like '' you ain't punk anymore,you're gay.you're a sell out.you've sold out by listening to a beach boys song!! ''.
I dread to think what they say these days,if someone is caught listening to the *wrong song*.:lol:

Nowadays it's mostly rap, or c-rap as I like to call it. If you're listening to Rammstein, you run the ruisk of being called a Nazi, but I like them and other hard-rock to metal bands. No screaming for me though please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back