**** DONE: 1/32 N1K2-J Shiden-Kai - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys, well i did manage to get done today so here are a couple of finish up pics, canopies unmasked, and fitted, antenna mast and wiring fitted, undercarriage indicators too...

Attachments

• 149_Canopy sections_3611.jpg
    149_Canopy sections_3611.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 150_Rear canopy  Mast_3618.jpg
    150_Rear canopy Mast_3618.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 151_Undercarriage Indicator_3617.jpg
    151_Undercarriage Indicator_3617.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 152_Rear canopy  Aerial Wire_3704.jpg
    152_Rear canopy Aerial Wire_3704.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 173
Wayne, I'm new to this forum but found your build today and the George looks fantastic. I'm planning to do this kit soon myself and will refer to how you did yours. I have a small connection to the N1K2s at Omura. A close friend of mine was a USMC fighter pilot stationed there at the end of the war. He became lifelong friends of Yoshio Shiga. Some of the photos in the book, Genda's Blade, were from my friend's personal scrapbook and made it into that book via Jiro Yoshida. My friend always said that the Japanese George was their Bearcat!

Wayne, I'm new to this forum but found your build today and the George looks fantastic. I'm planning to do this kit soon myself and will refer to how you did yours. I have a small connection to the N1K2s at Omura. A close friend of mine was a USMC fighter pilot stationed there at the end of the war. He became lifelong friends of Yoshio Shiga. Some of the photos in the book, Genda's Blade, were from my friend's personal scrapbook and made it into that book via Jiro Yoshida. My friend always said that the Japanese George was their Bearcat!

My apologies for not seeing your message sooner...Thanks for your comments. I do have Genda's Blade, a great book.

And Yes the George is a great aircraft, lucky for the Allies there weren't large numbers available nor nearly enough experienced pilots to fly them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back