**** DONE: 1/48 Arado Ar-196-A - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We all get to the point that the little details overtake. It may be hard to see, but I have made several improvements on the general apperance of this craft.
Steps added to the front float supports, and I painted the "sling cables" and machine gun. Not much, over all, but,
There it is.
I am still not sure why those white spots are occuring. they are not present on the plane.
Ghosts?

ar17.jpg

Last edited:
Looking better all the time Paul. Those 'white spots' - I agree, probably reflection. Are you using flash? If so, then the flash is 'bouncing' off the details areas, and could also account for the slightly 'washed out' look, where the 'blue' light of the intense flash is altering the colours by over-exposing and causing anomolous reflection.

Are they pretending to fly That airplane someones looking for color.... nah forget it.

Looks sharp Paul.

The two Dutch pilots were lost and strayed on to this thread. They have sucessfully escaped and are on their way to freedom.
I always like to put the tail insignia on first. Just a weird quirk I have. Anyways, here is the Arado with some of the decals on.
Because of the paint I used, I will be using an old method to make the panel lines "pop". Some tempura paints will be used. This is why I am applying the decals before any kind of weathering.

ar19.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, sir. I like using tempera for panel lines. Bought a bucket for about 2$. Several generations will get some use out of it.

Geo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back