**** DONE: 1/48 Brewster Buffalo - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I got some decals on. These are from a Czech? company called "InScale" and they gave me some grief.
There was some strange residue on top of the decals that was hard to get rid of. The decals are also super thin and very prone to wrapping.
Getting them on the model was a pain. In retrospect I'm happy I put a bit too much future on this model, otherwise I don't think I could get these decals in the right positions.
Though they reacted quiet good to the setting solution (I used a small jar of Humbrol decal setting solution) And they look quiet good as well.
There are also tiny data decals included, look nice but a teste for ones nerves.
DSCF2967.JPG

DSCF2968.JPG

DSCF2969.JPG

DSCF2970.JPG

DSCF2971.JPG

I accidently knocked the antenna mast of....grrr...So this will have to be fixed. Most smaller parts are ready to instal and I hope to finish this kite over the week-end so I can make the deadline for this groupbuild!

Indeed, once aplied, the decals lookes very good, I think you can actually read the small data stencils...But it was nerve wrecking to get the buggers on...
They reminded me a bit of the old Propagteam decals that came with Smér Kits, super thin decals, but beautiful once aplied.
So now I know they require a bit more patience, I'll happely use 'em next time. (there are still a few Bufallo options left on the sheet and the Tamiya Navy version isn't that hard to find.... ;)

But in the mean time, I got all small bits and pieces painted up. Once they are fully dry, I can start assembling them and get some weathirng done, aply a final coat of matt clear and call this one done.

Though, before that, some non moddeling related things will need attending too.

Yes, it's almost done now!!!
I'm quiet happy how it turned out. I added almost all the details and gave it some wheatering and a coat of matt clear.
Radio mast was repaired, but will need some extra attention.
I took a few pics, hope you like the Bufallo!
DSCF2975.JPG

DSCF2976.JPG

DSCF2977.JPG

DSCF2978.JPG

DSCF2979.JPG

DSCF2982.JPG

And a few on a "plaque" a made just for the heck of it...
DSCF2980.JPG

DSCF2981.JPG

Ah, I hadn't forgot about the Bufallo. Just got carried away with the He-111 I'm doing...
But, I'm almost there with the Bufallo. It just needs the antenna wire and the yellow gas patch.
And then I can call this one "Done"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back