**** DONE: 1/48 C-47A Skytrain - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woody

Master Sergeant
Jan 17, 2011
IL.
username: woody
name: jerry
catagory: intermediate
scale: 1/48
manufacturer: Trumpeter
model: C-47A
aftermarket: kit comes with P.E. seatbelts and metal gear legs.

Will be doing this one as 92ndTCS/439thTCG june 1944.

this kit seems pertty nice we will see.

026-4_zpsc3fa2765.jpg

029-1_zpsa4e7a7e2.jpg

027-2_zpsd360cd21.jpg

032-2_zps484ff115.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one Jerry. I've been considering getting the old Revell (ex- Monogram) kit for sometime - a lot cheaper than the Trump kit, and a more accurate fin and rudder, but apparently a tad narrow in the fuselage.
Be interesting to see what you think of this kit as the build progresses.

Thank you guys, I started on the engines first iam still finding out the proper interior color instructions call for sky but pics show a green color any help would be great.

003-43_zpse41007f0.jpg

005-20_zps64e67796.jpg

Yep, the interior was overall Interior Green, or sometimes more towards a Bronze Green.
Para seats were either dull bare metal or light greyish silver (the seat pans themselves) with the folding support 'walls' in the interior colour.
The crew seats in the cockpit and radio op/nav position, were covered in a 'bottle' green leather or leatherette material, with the cockpit bulkhead and exposed areas of the cockpit walls and roof behind the switch consoles in a 'sage' green quilted material, not unlike British Cockpit Grey Green.
The control columns were sometimes black, sometimes the Interior Green colour, with the yokes in semi-gloss black. Throttle pedestal black, with the lower section the interior colour.
Here's a pic showing part of the cockpit, which is virtually all original fit, which might help; other internal pics I have are in B&W, but there's not much to see anyway!

Attachments

• Dak Cpit.jpg
    Dak Cpit.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 191
Thanks guys, Terry thank you for the picture it helps. I worked on the I.P. and throttle quadrant tonight.

Parts first.
002-56_zpsb1fdb701.jpg

throttle quadrant parts.
007-9_zps0eb6dc41.jpg

I used liquid mask on the I.P. panel
001-63_zps4f704323.jpg

sprayed and liquid mask removed.

004-22_zps0f1fcf23.jpg

Some clean up and sprayed white on the backing and added film.

005-20_zps5e2b12b4.jpg

Here is a few more pics.

008-4_zpsea8575d0.jpg

painted and installed a few mor small details need painted and this will be done.

009-3_zpsd8befe7e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back