**** DONE: 1/48 C-47A Skytrain - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Stupid question on the props would there have been yellow tips there is no call out in the instructions.

Thanks Paul, well i got some more done intakes, exhaust sheild, and cowls and installed center section to the fuse.

and with a prop in place.

and the landing gear metal or plastic.

As far as the metal gear legs go, it appears the flashing is even like the kit legs. Not that great a difference. Makes me think I may not need them on my builds. Are they worth the money????? Only if they have super detail.

BTW, you've got some great work going there.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any difference in detail. I'd go with the plastic for ease of clean-up. But if she's a heavy beast, (and I suspect it is), the metal would probably be a good choice.

Looking good. I've only rarely used metal landing gear, when kit parts are inaccurate, or strength is needed. If it's a heavy model, they could be useful, if they can be fitted without problems.

Thanks guys, the metal legs came with the kit i think i will try them always got the plastic for backup.

Thanks guys for the kind words. Okay what would the preferred color be on the landing gear and wheels.

Landing gear legs were painted in 'Aluminium', which was a clear dope with aluminium powder added. Best way to replicate this is adding a very small amount of white to silver. Wheels were dullish bare metal. Don't forget the prominent brake lines, looped behind the diagonal gear stay, running up it into the nacelle.

Users who are viewing this thread