<-- **** DONE: 1/48 Dornier DO217 E-2 - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
Username: Rochie
First name: Karl
Category: intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Revell
Model Type Dornier Do 217 E-2
Aftermarket addons: none

5526bt.jpg

ok i have been wanting to build this for a long time as it is an aircraft that was brought down by a barrage balloon not very far from where i live.

Aircraft accidents in Yorkshire.

Terry and i have debated this Dorniers colour scheme for a couple of years as no pictures can be found of the actual aircrafti have always thought it was an E-4 version based on Bill Normans book the south bank Dornier

but after looking through Terry's library during my last visit, i discovered this Aircraft was in fact a Do217 E-2 not an E-4 this is confirmed by the aircraft data plate being found and recorded in the wreckage when it crashed in 1942.

and i now am convinced it should look something like this as this picture of U5+HL was taken around the same time as U5+HS which was from the same staffel and flew from the same base was lost

369340_1fe042f63086d0d11a49fde0ecf7a1df.jpg

lucky for me there is very little difference between the E-2 an E-4 marques of Do 217 so the kit will be suitable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back