**** DONE: 1/48 F-94B Starfire – Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm been detailing the main gear wells.

Picture 1 A picture I found on the internet. I don't remember if it's a F-80 or a F-94, but the gear wells are the same.
Pictures 2 3 The gear wells ready for paint. I used bits of plastic, aluminum tube, 2 sizes of thin coper wire and even bits of a toothpick to detail it.

Last edited:
Finished painting the main gear well and test fitted it. You can see the nose gear well in the last picture. This part had enough detail for as confined a space it will be once the gear doors are on, so I just painted it.

Last edited:
I've started in on the fuselage seam. Fileing-filling-fileing-sanding-re-scribing-polishing, move to new area, repeat... repeat... repeat.... You get the idea. Have deepened most of the fuselage panel lines as I went too as they are a little shallow. Hope to finish up with this tedium tomorrow or the next day and get the wings glued on. Pictures then.
I finished the joints late last night and woke up early this morning and decided to put the wings on. More difficult than I had thought. After the glue was on I found that the lower fuselage joint would not stay closed so there was a mad rush to find clamps that would work, then buy the time I got that squared away the glue in the upper wing joints had begun to set before I had put the dihedral in. Used some liquid cement to refresh the glue and it worked out OK, but I had a few nervous moments there. I should know better that to try something like that when I have a set deadline time to meet, like getting to work on time.

Last edited:
Looking good Glenn. It's nice to know that others share the same problem as me, the job taking at least twice as long as expected.

Users who are viewing this thread