**** DONE: 1/48 F-94B Starfire – Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The results of my early morning gluing session:
Picture 1)
Wile the bottom rear joint looks pretty good, the bottom front is going to need some work to make it look good.
Picture 2) The top joints look good, just some clean-up of the glue that oozed out.

A set-back, or at least some waisted time:
Picture 3)
The kit tanks which I spent a lot of time on tonight, filing the seams rescribing, sanding and polishing for the NMF. I had thought they were the ones that I needed for the scheme on the decal sheet, only that they were missing a single fin which I was about to make out of plactic card. For some reason I compared them to the decals and they were way too small. A closser look at reference photos showed that I had the wrong tanks.
Picture 4) Reference photo.
Picture 5) Academy to the rescue! These are the correct tanks that come with Accademys re-boxing of the Hobbycraft T-33 kit which fortently I just bought a couple of weeks ago. I guess the T-33 will have to do without tip tanks. More glueing, fileing sanding and polishing.

P3298195.JPG
P3298196.JPG
F-94B, 51-5358, 68th FIS, Korea 1953, Col AR  Hunter via Isham.jpg
P3298193.JPG
P3298194.JPG

Last edited:
Good progress, and well done on sourcing the correct tanks. I spent at least two hours on the tanks for the Harrier, ensuring the seams were smooth - painted them, and no seams visble. Then after a day or so, there's a feint trace of the bottom seam on each tank! It's those bl**dy gremlins, I swear !

A set-back, or at least some waisted time:[/B]
The kit tanks which I spent a lot of time on tonight, filing the seams rescribing, sanding and polishing for the NMF. I had thought they were the ones that I needed for the scheme on the decal sheet, only that they were missing a single fin which I was about to make out of plactic card. For some reason I compared them to the decals and they were way too small. A closser look at reference photos showed that I had the wrong tanks.

Not to worry Glenn………..it was all good practice.
lol-022.gif

Joking aside though, it's coming along nicely.

Not to worry Glenn………..it was all good practice.
lol-022.gif

Joking aside though, it's coming along nicely.
Well I guess I'm still practicing! Spent a couple of hours tonight working on that ugly joint under the forward fuselage. Bodacious amounts of thick CA and then taking it down with my large file. It'd pretty close right now, just some sanding and re-scribing tomorrow, than I'll shoot some paint on it to make sure and take a picture to post.

I finished the underside wing joint and all the re-scribing late last night. I didn't get the primer on th look for imperfections, but it looked pretty good in reflected light which I find is a pretty good test. I also glued on the horizontal stabilizers. It will be ready for paint once I get that joint cleaned up and polished. Camouflage sure is a lot less prep work than NMF!

P3318197.JPG
P3318198.JPG

Last edited:
I've finished all re-scribing and polishing of the basic airframe and tanks, and also finished the clean-up of all the landing gear parts. Should put on the first coat of silver tonight or tomorrow.

P4048200.JPG
P4048201.JPG
P4048202.JPG
P4048203.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back