<> **** DONE: 1/48 Fairey Swordfish MkII - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

As long as I don't keep going back to the beginning of the curve!
 
So as I mentioned, the inverted Vee strut on the center section that supports the lower wing should NOT be installed before painting. The below pics will show you why.

The struts have been previously painted white but I ignored that when I masked and painted the wing uppers for the short stub. Here I have masked the black walk way after painting the EDSG

17040303.jpg


The walk way mask has been removed and the wing uppers look good. A bit of surface primer has been applied to the rib as there was a small seam showing there.

17040301.jpg
17040304.jpg


Now it was necessary to re-mask the uppers so that the white could be reapplied to the struts.

17040302.jpg


And with the masks removed and a bit of touch up, I'm finally done here.

17040306.jpg


While I was in the vicinity, I masked and painted the oil cooler, then touched up the bit of over-spray on the white areas. As you can see, the engine has now been installed as well.

17040307.jpg


While all that was going on, I have spent sessions to finish off the rigging on the starboard wing and began applying decals.

17040305.jpg


That's it for my update today. More pics to come as I continue to nibble at this build. Thanks for checking in.
 
You're doing all the hard work and coming up with build order suggestions that are making me itch to get started working on mine.
Great job so far (and it's pretty far!) and thank you!

Mike
 
Very nice Andy
 
OK, so it's important boring stuff - surely.
 
Thanks all. Never said the landing gear wasn't important, just that I didn't think having painted the struts white was worth the electrons to post a pic. More to come s I nibble away at it.

Thanks for your patience.
 
... While I was in the vicinity, I masked and painted the oil cooler, then touched up the bit of over-spray on the white areas. As you can see, the engine has now been installed as well.

View attachment 370528


Don't forget to touch up the paint on the end of the exhaust pipe.


Chris
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back