<> **** DONE: 1/48 Fairey Swordfish MkII - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So as I mentioned, the inverted Vee strut on the center section that supports the lower wing should NOT be installed before painting. The below pics will show you why.

The struts have been previously painted white but I ignored that when I masked and painted the wing uppers for the short stub. Here I have masked the black walk way after painting the EDSG

17040303.jpg

The walk way mask has been removed and the wing uppers look good. A bit of surface primer has been applied to the rib as there was a small seam showing there.

17040301.jpg
17040304.jpg

Now it was necessary to re-mask the uppers so that the white could be reapplied to the struts.

17040302.jpg

And with the masks removed and a bit of touch up, I'm finally done here.

17040306.jpg

While I was in the vicinity, I masked and painted the oil cooler, then touched up the bit of over-spray on the white areas. As you can see, the engine has now been installed as well.

17040307.jpg

While all that was going on, I have spent sessions to finish off the rigging on the starboard wing and began applying decals.

17040305.jpg

That's it for my update today. More pics to come as I continue to nibble at this build. Thanks for checking in.

You're doing all the hard work and coming up with build order suggestions that are making me itch to get started working on mine.
Great job so far (and it's pretty far!) and thank you!

Mike

Thanks all. Never said the landing gear wasn't important, just that I didn't think having painted the struts white was worth the electrons to post a pic. More to come s I nibble away at it.

Thanks for your patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back