<> **** DONE: 1/48 Fairey Swordfish MkII - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Kirby. The windscreen framing facing the cockpit is staring at me. Needs paint!

Thanks Robert. I actually used a thinner wire than I had used on my Beaufighter. 0.3mm is probably just about right and I don't have any of that!

Thanks Robert. I actually used a thinner wire than I had used on my Beaufighter. 0.3mm is probably just about right and I don't have any of that!

I have a collection of 0.2, 0.25, 0.3, and 0.5 mm copper wire from free samples of various electrical cables from the local hardware. Electrical cables are specified as something like 30/0.25mm which means the cable is made from 30 wrapped strands of 0.25mm wire. Just cut them out of the insulating conduit with a model knife and you've got enough to last you ages!

I've posted up my FINISHED thread and include here some final detail shots of the finished model. First off, I don't normally like to shoot in direct sun but, as explained in my finished post, the ideal conditions I had been counting on suddenly changed after the veil of clouds that the sun was hiding behind moved away just as I was ready to shoot.

The final once-over revealed only the canopy frame paint that needed to be finished so I did that. So with that, she's done and ready for the upcoming regional model show less than a month away. I'd like to thank everyone who followed along and who provided comments and especially those who helped me with some of the many details that I needed to get sorted to make this build as authentic as possible.

17051107.jpg
17051108.jpg
17051109.jpg
17051110.jpg
17051111.jpg
17051112.jpg
17051113.jpg
17051114.jpg
17051115.jpg
17051116.jpg

Really top notch Andy, definitely the canine sphericals - if this one doesn't get a prize, then the judges need their Rs kicking !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back