<> **** DONE: 1/48 Fairey Swordfish MkII - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Robert. I actually used a thinner wire than I had used on my Beaufighter. 0.3mm is probably just about right and I don't have any of that!

Thanks Robert. I actually used a thinner wire than I had used on my Beaufighter. 0.3mm is probably just about right and I don't have any of that!

I have a collection of 0.2, 0.25, 0.3, and 0.5 mm copper wire from free samples of various electrical cables from the local hardware. Electrical cables are specified as something like 30/0.25mm which means the cable is made from 30 wrapped strands of 0.25mm wire. Just cut them out of the insulating conduit with a model knife and you've got enough to last you ages!

I've posted up my FINISHED thread and include here some final detail shots of the finished model. First off, I don't normally like to shoot in direct sun but, as explained in my finished post, the ideal conditions I had been counting on suddenly changed after the veil of clouds that the sun was hiding behind moved away just as I was ready to shoot.

The final once-over revealed only the canopy frame paint that needed to be finished so I did that. So with that, she's done and ready for the upcoming regional model show less than a month away. I'd like to thank everyone who followed along and who provided comments and especially those who helped me with some of the many details that I needed to get sorted to make this build as authentic as possible.

Now I know how building this kit should really be done! It's a wonderful build Andy, and I thank you again for the kind of WIP where I've now no excuse to put off rebuilding mine.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread