**** DONE: 1/48 Fw190 D-9 white 12 Jg301 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK, While waiting for Ta 152 wings to dry, I started playing with one of my Eduard D-11's (which will become D-11 WNr 220012, GfS "White <<-"). Maybe Im just totally used to grey plastic, but this Eduard plastis is a HORRIBLE colour - not just on the eyes, but also in regards to paint - two to three coats on everything, where as on Grey, I would have possibly gotten away with one on some internal stuff! As for the fit, no complaints yet, but I am test fitting everything a few times and I have yet to get to anything 'critical' - it could get interesting as the plan is to keep most of it buttoned up.

Still, if it drives me crazy, I have a few Tamiya D-9's for when I need to relax :)

@Crimea - does that also include internal parts like the engines and cockpits? Normally, I just brush them with colour (especially if they wont really be seen); I do some 'artsy stuff' with brushes and thinners and different colours too, mixing things on the plastic, to add shading and etc, as I go... Also, for some reason under the lamp I use (it has a sort of warm, 'yellow' light bulb in it), the Eduard stuff doesn't seem as easy to see as Grey plastic. Maybe that's just how the light plays off it, but yeah; the MDF bench top doesnt help either, being virtually the same colour! ;)

Depends on the paint I'm using Dan. Over the years I've picked up an odd assortment of enamels and acrylics and am using both. If using acrylics, I'll definitely prime as I find the bond to be questionable at times. If there are resin parts and/or unpainted PE, I definitely will prime.

Yeah, I'll always prime PE. Resin is another matter as sometime I use the difference in colour to tint the final colour (eg, on the 1/72 D-9, I let the reson colour under the RLM76 change the final colour slightly give the thing more a patchwork look). Plastic though will normally get a clean and light rub with 1200 - 1600grit, so paint keys a bit better. This Eduard plastic might change my opinion though... ;)

ok heres the gaps all filled !
Picture 278.jpg
Picture 279.jpg

ok started with the paint for white 12, due to the rather patchwork nature of the colour scheme it looks a bit of a mess at the minute !
painted the wings RLM82 and also painted the required areas in the unorthadox shade thats a bit like RAF "sky".
it all looks a bit bright now but it will tone down the gloss and flat coats and a panel line wash later on.......... i hope !!!!!:lol:
Picture 281.jpg
Picture 282.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back