**** DONE: 1/48 Gekko Type 11 - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kevin,
Yes, there is an aerial wire starboard wingtip to tail plane wing tip where there are small attachment points.
Yes, the canopy sections do have wire attachments to hold them when open.
Yes, there is a wire or straight tube that holds the bay open in much the same manner as you hold an older style car bonnet up.

Thks Wayne found some photos over at Japanese A/C and even the canopies look to maybe have a tube in tube setup or two bars on a rotating pin in the middle tough to tell from the distance of the shots.The Gekko's also sometimes utilize both a two bar hookup on some and others a bar just up front.Now most of the Gekkos I have looked at seem to have the exhaust coming out the bottom half of the cowling day-fighters(?) then it might go back to early or late version:dontknow:

Not much more left on this crate.Next build after D-Day and any ETO theater of operations it looks like I like the PCM 1/32 either the 202 or the 205 methinks.:)

Getting closer lights,pito tubes and aerial.I give myself this W/E and on to the next GB most of my Special orders should be in.I added a rod to gun hatch a tube in tube .3mmOD in a .3mmID X .5MMOD kinda like a shock maybe a break away hinge maybe.I am only going one on the two open glass pieces thinking early model may of only had one.That maybe one was to light and the later versions had two to compensate:dontknow: I have seen both in pics 1/2 per glass.
DSC03714 (900 x 675).jpg
DSC03715 (900 x 675).jpg
DSC03716 (900 x 675).jpg
DSC03717 (900 x 675).jpg

Thks John ;) I got the other two lifts added and said well let's add the aerial's YEAH! I through them out or something I have the habit of trimming down my sprues and throwing away the excess as I go along.I guess I did not see them so I have started making the long pitot tube under the nose should pass and the other(antenna) is easy or in the spare's box.

Those aerials are always a source of trouble for me. I tried to address the broken ladder on my G-6 and ended up breaking off the aerials completely. Had to REDO them!

Well found the pitot tube and antenna on the floor under another desk behind me under 1/700 destroyer kit in a zip-lock bag WHEW!! But my last piece before the aerial the green wing tip light went airborne F%@*!! I called it quits for the night maybe with a new set of eyes will spot it tomorrow like I found the pitot :dontknow:

Good luck with the search! I've found little pieces after calling off the search and trying the next day with fresh eyes.

Never found it John used kristel clear to make the lens worked rather well did take a couple of apps to build up.The pitot tube tip was cut off and some more .05mm/.03mm tubes used as a replacement .
DSC03719 (900 x 675).jpg

Sorry for not commenting on this earlier... must've missed this somehow! Anyway... it's a beautiful build of a not-too-typical Japanese aircraft. Well done Kevin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back