**** DONE: 1/48 Gekko Type 11 - Night War of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very clean shape to this aircraft. Reminds me of the Toryu. I hope you like the Tamiya Acrylics. That's primarily what I use. I like it cuz it doesn't smell bad, dries fast and can be cut with iso alcohol.

Good night last evening got in three hours of painting and masking.I had tried the Tamy paint and probably my mixture and pressure run but it came out pebbly ,so had to smooth with a worn scotch brite.I then turned back to my Model Masters enamels last night and actually thought the green may be alittle more correct darker/light sheen.My first time using Montex Mask :thumbright: only one a bugger to figure was the nose.If any panel lines occur on this one it will be with pastels.
DSC03702 (900 x 675).jpg
DSC03703 (900 x 675).jpg

Thks Wojtek after watching the video of the Zero Spinachi put up like this color over the Tamy..

Trying to make that deadline of 2/1/16 and I think I will be able to finish her over the W/E.I was not going to shoot the plane with any gloss at all but had to do the engine nacelles(MM black chrome trim) so I had a little gloss left over started hitting the decals and low and behold it actually started flattening/toning/evening out the green :).The whole plane got a shot minus the glass still a sheen but toned down to my liking.I am thinking the exhaust will get some Mig dust I painted burnt metal then a thin film of burnt iron.The canopy is just sitting there have gun barrels,wheels,gear doors and repair behind the pilot seat.I was wondering if anybody has ideas on antenna hook up looks like R/tailplane to R/wing(?).Do the glass door on canopy have cables like the 109(?)and the same with the door to gunbay(?)

Thks for the kind comments and dropping by ;) Kevin
DSC03704 (900 x 675).jpg
DSC03705 (900 x 675).jpg
DSC03706 (900 x 675).jpg

I was wondering if anybody has ideas on antenna hook up looks like R/tailplane to R/wing(?).Do the glass door on canopy have cables like the 109(?)and the same with the door to gunbay(?)

Kevin,
Yes, there is an aerial wire starboard wingtip to tail plane wing tip where there are small attachment points.
Yes, the canopy sections do have wire attachments to hold them when open.
Yes, there is a wire or straight tube that holds the bay open in much the same manner as you hold an older style car bonnet up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back