**** DONE: 1/48 Harrier GR9,4(AC) Sqn RAF - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much chaps. Plodding along on the final 'fiddly bits' - might have it finished over the weekend, although not sure I'll get the display base done yet, as I don't trust my hands using a power saw !

Thanks Vic and Wojtek, much appreciated.
Been working on the canopy, figuring out the best way to mount it in the open position, as it no longer matches-up with the runners or windscreen - in fact, I don't think it would have anyway. Not impressed with the decals for the canopy MDCs, about as useful as a chocolate tea pot - they broke into many tiny pieces as they slid off the backing paper!
So, after a deep breath, I carefully scratched the pattern of the MDCs onto the outside of the canopy! They don't show up as much as the decals should have, but at least they are there.
Pics soon.

Thanks Aaron. No further progress I'm afraid - my hands have been too stiff and swollen the last couple of days. Frustrating, as there are only a few small details to finish, plus the display base.
Pics as soon as I'm able to get more done.

Thanks Charles.Yes, Rheumatoid Arthritis in hands, wrists, knees and feet. Contracted it around 14 years ago, probably as a result of jungle infections back in the 1970s, and another tendon ruptured in my right hand a couple of weeks ago, leaving me with a total of two fingers and two thumbs in working order- just!
If I was a horse, I'd be shot !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back