**** DONE: 1/48 Harrier GR9,4(AC) Sqn RAF - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's looking very sharp sir.:thumbleft: I hope your feeling better. I had relatives show up for the weekend and one was very sick. I now have it. Not feel up to snuff either. I've been outta work for two days. BUMMER.

Thanks chaps, and thanks very much for the good wishes.
Stayed in bed all day today, only got up for food at 20.00 hours!
Starting to feel vaguely human again, so might get some more work done in the next few days, albeit slowly with these stupid stiff fingers!

Nice work with that canopy Mr T and very patient of you. Do hope you're feeling pukka again soon.

A bit more (slow!) progress to show. In the final stages now, when it gets difficult due to fiddly bits and lots of protrusions!
PIC 1. Windscreen internal rim and cockpit sills painted, with light paint wear, and refuelling probe painted.
PIC 2. Canopy sorted, frame re-painted, and sealer strip painted. Just needs cleaning now, to eliminate those finger prints!
PICS 3 and 4. Fuselage exhaust staining (or more correctly - jet efflux deposits!). The port side needs a bit of refinement, and the serial number decals require another coat of semi-matt clear.
PIC 5. A little top side staining and light weathering.
PIC 6. Wing tip details painted. The nav lamp has yet to be glazed.
PIC 7. The wing tanks and missile pylons have been assembled, painted, and details picked out. These will be mounted later, but I probably won't use the missiles. Decals have yet to be applied to the tanks, after gloss coating.
Thanks again for your continued interest, and I hope to post some more over the weekend.

Attachments

• New Harrier build 280.jpg
    New Harrier build 280.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 62
  • New Harrier build 293.jpg
    New Harrier build 293.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 63
  • New Harrier build 283.jpg
    New Harrier build 283.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 62
  • New Harrier build 285.jpg
    New Harrier build 285.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 64
  • New Harrier build 291.jpg
    New Harrier build 291.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 63
  • New Harrier build 290.jpg
    New Harrier build 290.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 63
  • New Harrier build 295.jpg
    New Harrier build 295.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 61
Thanks very much indeed for the kind words chaps. And yes, it looks like the bug has almost cleared - which means I don't have to stay within a quick hobble of the bathroom any more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back