**** DONE: 1/48 Hurricane MkI "Willie McKnight" - Defense of Britain/Atlantic.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work mounting the exhausts Andy. When a full engine is included in a kit the manufacturers should include some method to attach the exhaust stacks without the engine as I don't think most builders use the engine. Or better yets include a separate set of exhausts to use without the engine so the engine can be assembled separately with exhaust stacks.

Thanks again. Lots of surface fixing going on to ensure a clean finish so anything I show in that regard would be pretty boring. Meantime, to get myself convinced that I'm actually progressing with something, I completed the landing gear struts and covers complete with brake lines made of lead and precoated copper wire.

15100401.jpg

Aluminum foil tape, Terry, cut into a very narrow strip with a scalpel and then chopped into bits. The fact that it's sticky on the back makes it a cinch to work with.

Thanks Andy, I thought it might be that. Reminds me to go to B&Q and get a roll - it'll also be good for the odd panel or two when I get to doing my 56 Squadron Lightning, as well as the usual use on oleos etc.

Thanks guys. Tackled the clear parts on the wings and blended them in. Maybe a dab more Future on the rough areas and we should be good to go, though these super close-ups magnify the small imperfections. The 3-spoked frame on the landing light is actually molded in to the clear part so it was easy to blackent the frame using a Sharpie.

15100601.jpg
15100602.jpg
15100603.jpg
15100604.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back