**** DONE: 1/48 Jaguar GR3A - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks for the kind words gents.

Had a good chance to do a bit today after spending yesterday playing with decals. Have started the process of adding al the little bits and looking at the pics below, It looks like I need to sort one or two problems with placing and such. Anyway, here are a couple of shots of progress so far.

120416-1A.jpg

120416-1B.jpg

120416-1C.jpg

Looking good there Vic. Just thought, I think I have a great air to air shot of this A/C somewhere. Talking of pics, your pics in the last post don't seem as sharp as normal, have you used a different camera?

Sorry about that Terry, not a new camera but pics taken at night just by the light of my magnifying lamp and no flash, could also be a little bit of wobble as the shutter speed was quite slow. Have in mind to get me a tripod and remote cable for the camera on my next trip to Singapore in August.

Vic, using the flash usually helps eliminate the blur. It helps freeze the image. It's what I do with mine, I don't have enough light in the basement either.

Thanks for looking in and the kind words folks.

Thanks also Aaron for the info, I was actually experimenting with the f11 stop at the same time and I'm also not a keen user of the flash if I have reasonable light, sometimes one gets too much flashback particularly from the clear bits and the gloss finish applied for decaling.

Anyway chaps and chapesses, she is about done. Just a little work still needed on the forward windscreen where the front lip meets the plastic, well sort that with a touch of thickened CA. But in the meantime here is a small preview.

120418-1A.jpg

120418-1B.jpg

120418-1C.jpg

120418-1D.jpg

120418-1E.jpg

120418-1F.jpg

120418-1G.jpg

Here are my two Jags together, I did the desert one some years ago in the Sultan of Oman Air Force so it's looking a little worse for age.

120418-1H.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back