**** DONE: 1/48 JM-1 Marauder - Allied Manufactured Aircraft (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now George, we've told you about playing with colors. No really nice work on a trying kit. Does everyone tell you to turn the lights off when it is out, even when the lights are off?

Great work George. Nice to see the unusual scheme and well done with the less that ideal fit with some of the parts on this kit

That's Stunning Geo! Wow...that yellow finish give the Maurauder quiet a special look.
(And thanks for the Paint.net tip. Did as you suggested ;) )

Thank you very much gentlemen. I'm calling it done. Another one that dang near done me in and another deadline beater but I'm happy I finished it. Would I build another....no way, but I don't want to deter others as it seems this kit has few problems, lots of problem or no problems. I guess it depends on when the molds were poured. Once again I vow never to do another lightly colored aircraft until I learn how to airbrush.

002.JPG

Final photos shortly.

Geo

I had to run down and check the starboard pitot. In the pic it looks like it's leaning horribly to the right but it's just a photo anomaly.

Last edited:
I have oft thought about making a mold for these Monogram bombers, Glass nose ones, to make lead cockpits and nose gear. It had to find places to fit the weight needed. Years ago I found shredded lead and lead strips at a Hobby Town USA in Georgia. The shredded lead can be pulled in and stuffed in small crevasses the lead sheets can be cut and fitted to the curved or flat insides. You may want to think about upgrading to metal landing gear with the amount of weight it will take. I did weight an balance on KC-135s when I was int he Air Force. All weight forward of the wing and the further forward the more good it will do. I like this build. I have a shot or two of the JM-1 in a book "Carrier Air War in Original WWII Color" pretty cool.
The old lead tinsel for Christmas trees would be perfect for this.

Well if there isn't a decal sheet offered, there should be....just sayin'. Any idea which squadron that -47 is from Wojtek? Might be able to find a profile. scan it and then print it myself.

Geo
I realize this is a very old thread but did anyone build a model of UN*K? That was my grandpa's personal ride.. He was one of first batch of replacement pilots transferred from the US/Canada RCAF squadrons. George was his dad's name..

These are the George's that flew Ds with the codes Un and serial numbers. None were attached to a "K"
  • 42-75137 P-47D 63Sqdn UN✪T....Lovett, Lt. George
  • 42-75266 P-47D 63Sqdn UN ✪F....Hall, Capt. George F
  • 42-7896 P-47D 63 Sqdn UN✪H....Hall. Capt. George F

These are the George's that flew Ds with the codes Un and serial numbers. None were attached to a "K"
  • 42-75137 P-47D 63Sqdn UN✪T....Lovett, Lt. George
  • 42-75266 P-47D 63Sqdn UN ✪F....Hall, Capt. George F
  • 42-7896 P-47D 63 Sqdn UN✪H....Hall. Capt. George F

George was aircraft name. John E Ross was pilot name

P-47 42-75217 nose art "George" of the 56th Fighter Group.. Thunderbolt flown by 2/Lt John Ross

The kite in the mid ...

P-47 42-75217.jpg

the pic source: the net

Geo, according to our discussion 6 years ago she was first coded UN-V and flown by John W. Vogt Jr. then recoded UN-K and flown by John E. Ross
But it seems to be incorrect because the pic below shows that it was P-47D 42-75395 coded UN-A.

P-47 42-75395_d.jpg

P-47 42-75395_e.jpg

the pic source:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back