**** DONE: 1/48 Me 262 A1a - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tiger,
Not sure i understood everything.
Do you mean you could not paint your model ?
I sure donnot think so, you CAN.
And sure it'll be more than correct.
Wurger gave you a great solution.
Weiße 3 is not a tricky scheme indeed, and a pure beauty in my opinion..
No airbrush problem, ventral shades can easily be done using almost dry straight/slight slashed cutted handbrush.
You can train on any plastic card 'till at ease.
Let us know pls, have fun.

Tiger,
Not sure i understood everything.
Do you mean you could not paint your model ?
I sure donnot think so, you CAN.
And sure it'll be more than correct.
Wurger gave you a great solution.
Weiße 3 is not a tricky scheme indeed, and a pure beauty in my opinion..
No airbrush problem, ventral shades can easily be done using almost dry straight/slight slashed cutted handbrush.
You can train on any plastic card 'till at ease.
Let us know pls, have fun.

Now after encouragement like that Dave, how can you not give it a try. The build is young yet and as the man says, muck around with some old card first.

MSN-Emoticon-thums-up-059.gif

well i am just finishing a Me109 this weekend then the 262 will be on the bench

maybe my trust old hurricane test bed/target/crash test dummy will gain a few squiggles before i make my mind up ;)

If you have a relatively fine-line airbrush it can be done also. Not as difficult as you'd think, although it takes time, and you'd need to rest now and then, to stop going loopy! (pun not intended!).
I'd never attempted a complex 'welle' pattern until I did this. Just have a practice on scrap, or a 'hack' model, then take it in stages. A brush will also do the job, as described above, by using it almost like a dry-brush technique.

Attachments

• 110 Build 259.jpg
    110 Build 259.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 100
Ok here are those pics, first from the Classic Publications Me262 showing basically an overall dark green camo for White 3 and the second and third pics from JaPo KG(J) Units showing Black X W.Nr.500200 showing a heavy mottle of 81 and 82 on the fuselage and a segmented wing pattern. The colours and pattern on Black X are confirmed as it still exists. Matching this would be a more accurate representation of White 3 I suspect...
I should also provide the standard wing pattern for guidance as Black X is a non standard pattern.

Attachments

• Me262_White 3_500529.jpg
    Me262_White 3_500529.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Me262_Black X_500200.jpg
    Me262_Black X_500200.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Me262_Black X_500200_b.jpg
    Me262_Black X_500200_b.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I started a bit of cockpit stuff last night , no pics yet ... it looks a bit like Waynes only worse :)

I am getting a bit confused over interior colour call outs . The instructions are vague . The tub seems to be rlm66 on the inside which is fine. The outer tub you can see through the wheel wells and the fuselage walls appear to be asking for rlm02, but in waynes build back in GB1 and some pics on the net NMF or ali or something seems more likely .

Going together nice though the rudder pedals seem to be fighting back and arent quite as mint as Waynes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back