**** DONE: 1/48 Me 262 A1a - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got a couple of hours to make some moves on this

Cockpit has been hit with some rlm66, details picked out in black silver and red and popped together. Outer surfaces of the tub and some other bits for the wheel wells done in silver, first time spraying a metallic

Jet nacelles started, with some silver and some home brew for the onions, burnt umber and a few drops of gunmetal to make a burnt iron look

20130224_181155.jpg
20130224_181211.jpg
20130224_184637.jpg

so the last couple of evenings i have had a couple of hours a night to put the big bits together
The fit of the nose around the hatches for the cameras is pretty poor, and if the stuff they provided for the internal detail was better I would pose it open, but it looks a bit average in there without some added bits, so I have done my best. the doors arent supported by a lot and the central spar between them is a 3rd bit rather than part of the main moulding

Looks like filling and sanding will be added to my skills lol

the lower wing is one piece and the fit is close but not tamiya

I have checked sanded checked wobbled filled sanded and checked some more
20130228_201510.jpg
20130228_201937.jpg

fairly pleased with the results and ( nose lumps aside ) its a very pretty airframe

these shots were taken while i was waiting for some filler to settle, so there is more sanding to come ...

20130228_211424.jpg
20130228_211440.jpg

Really some of work ahead you. But doing well Dave. :thumbright:

think its more bad timing of taking pics and posting, thats a weeks work lol

spent a couple of hours sanding last night

today i have had my first go at making canopy masks myself (its not the hardest canopy ever ) and sprayed a little white where the yellow stripe will go and over some of the more troublesome joins to see how they are looking

more sanding later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back