**** DONE: 1/48 Me262A-1a KG(J)54 - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Wayne

Took a day or two to read all thorough your thread and study your pictures. Looks Awesome! Paint work is stunning! What did you use for your gloss coat? I know some guys are spraying Future Floor Polish. If I remember this is so the decals will sit on a nice flat surface. Afterward a low gloss topcoat for the final finish? Its been awhile bro... Also, have you done anything to sharpen the detail of the rivets? Some are more defined than others? I use to drill down into my rivets with the same size drill to sharpen their detail. Or did the dry brushing pick up on the low areas? Needless to say frackin awesome work. Hopefully more this weekend!Take care

Hey Denis, I use Gunze Sangyo Aqueous hobby colour Gloss coat H30, gives a nice finish....and there Flat coat H20
normally I do drill out rivets as necessary, but in this case have left things as they are due to the underlying application for the putty effect and light overpainting to show the paint wear, therefore the rivets should give a random effect of some being less defined than others....that's my thinking anyway.:D

One more dam we'll have a reservoir! :)
Lovely work Wayne... how do you mask your wheel hubs so nicely?

There not masked Evan...brush painted...in this case.

Thanks for your comments! have managed to add the remaining undercarriage stuff and bits'n'pieces including the loop antenna from a staple! Also gave it another flat coat to dull the finish down to a more Matt appearance, seeing as though this one lasted some 6-7 months and was showing a reasonable amount of paint wear....Still need to paint the main canopy and do a couple more items to get her finished tomorrow.

Attachments

• 92_Nose Wheel assembly done_5635.jpg
    92_Nose Wheel assembly done_5635.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 93_All Undercarriage fitted_5636.jpg
    93_All Undercarriage fitted_5636.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 94_Undercarriage_5639.jpg
    94_Undercarriage_5639.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 95_Loop Antenna_5642.jpg
    95_Loop Antenna_5642.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 72
Thanks very much Guys! :D

Ok, had a bit of time allocated to finish up today so I got cracking, in case something got in the way...painted the Canopy, added the antenna wiring and a bit of extra subtle weathering and....Done!

here's a sneak peak before i do the finished thread.

Attachments

• 4_Me262A-1a_Yellow 3_KG(J)54_5649.jpg
    4_Me262A-1a_Yellow 3_KG(J)54_5649.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 5_Me262A-1a_Yellow 3_KG(J)54_5657.jpg
    5_Me262A-1a_Yellow 3_KG(J)54_5657.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 68

Users who are viewing this thread

Back