++ **** DONE: 1/48 Meteor F-8 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The pic Karl posted is closer. The parachute pack is in the seat pan, showing the colour of the pack and back pad above it (not visible in the pic), with the dinghy pack above that, in yellow. This would normally also have a light brown cover pack over it.
The seat below is a later Mk2A, but shows how the Meteor seat would look, overall. Parachute harness is a light 'off white' light sand colour, and seat harness is a dark bluje-grey.
Airfix probably used an example with modern emergency equipment fitted, hence the colour call-out.

MB Mk2a seat 2.jpg

great job for the moment as usual in you, me produces healthy envy, (it is a Spanish expression to say we felt clumsy compared to something or someone), I'll ask a question that is very silly but so I take the doubt , to prefilar your cockpit panels have made them dry pinel?

back on the wings, upper sections of wheel bays attached, holes drilled for the rockets, going to use the double sets from the Seafire kits to hang on it.
Upper wings also in place with engines fitted, not doing much here as it will be closed up...
25_Wheel Bays_3981.jpg
26_speed Brakes and rocket holes_4112.jpg
27_Wings & Engines_4115.jpg

It's coming together nicely. The scribing on this looks a tad more "refined" than what I'm used to seeing on an Airfix kit. Is that a fair observation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back