++ **** DONE: 1/48 Meteor F-8 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's coming together nicely. The scribing on this looks a tad more "refined" than what I'm used to seeing on an Airfix kit. Is that a fair observation?
You bet John.

hopefully get back on track quickly, being laid up with a bug from Thursday till Sunday...puts a dampener on everything....

Cheers Andy, feeling much better today, just the odd cough now...

After I glued the fuselage halves together and fitted the front panel in place, unfortunately the whole front panel moved slightly and settled about half a millimeter forward of its original flush position, this annoyed me no end as a quick check fitting the nose section revealed a gap that was going to be a problem.

Solution, I removed all the detail from the front of the panel and then sanded the whole face flush with the fuselage halves, doing this very carefully to keep things square and not lose any fuselage detail.
Once done i then fitted the main portion of the nose wheel undercarriage assembly. it is very busy in this area so removal of the original detail really did not detract from this area.

And next up the wings have been glued in place.
28_Nose Section_4043.jpg
29_Nose Wheel Assy_4116.jpg
30_Wings to Fuselage_4120.jpg
31_Wings to Fuselage_4121.jpg

Thanks Guys, Tail planes are done now but had one small fix to deal with a bit of a short shot on the port section, both upper and lower were short some plastic so i cut a 'V'section into it to get maximum attachment area and fitted a section of sprue which I then sanded down to length and profile...
Also dealt with the wing Ailerons and attached them to the wings.
32_Tail planes assembly_4126.jpg
33_Short shot_4126.jpg
34_Tail Repair_4130.jpg
35_Tail repair_4145.jpg
36_Ailerons_4128.jpg
37_Aileron fitted_4148.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back