++ **** DONE: 1/48 Meteor F-8 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys, moving on, horizontal stabs in place, engines painted and a drybrushing to give a bit of highlight, won't see much though..., ailerons in place too...
37_Aileron fitted_4148.jpg
38 Horizontal Stabs_4168.jpg
39_Engines Drybrushed_4171.jpg
40_Engine drybrushing_4172.jpg
41_Engine Covers_4174.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff Wayne.
Have a look at the pic below - although it's obvious that the engine is not installed (black-painted boards blanking-off the intake inside), note that circular 'intake' in the leading edge at left, and what is possibly a missing hatch cover at right, on the wing inside the nacelle.

DSC_0065.JPG

No worries Wayne. I should have included that pic in the set I sent you, but only remembered once you posted the pics of the work to date. Probably a bit late now, but note that the wing inside the engine nacelle is bare metal, as opposed to the painted surfaces of the rest of the aircraft.
It might just be possible to add the circular intake, if a drill can get to the area inside the nacelle.

Might try....but the edge is thin....

Have pushed forward and got all the major items in place now, been fillling and sanding some joins with stretched sprue to improve things, thats not to say they were bad but spraying this with silver I want to make sure things are how I want...
42_Main assembly complete_4235.jpg
43_Main Assy complete_4236.jpg
44_Main Assy complete_4238.jpg

It's looking good Wayne, and tempting me (lots !) to get one !
Here's another pic of the nacelle intake, taken at RAFM Hendon on Saturday. This example has the engines fitted, and that 'hatch' appears to be a 'cut out' section to accommodate what might be a compressor (?).
Obviously too late to do anything about that, but the small, circular intake might be just 'do-able'.

Hendon Oct 2016 084.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back