++ **** DONE: 1/48 Meteor F-8 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Moving right along undercarriage covers trimmed down a bit and installed cover to front bay as well and the nose leg in place....
45_Undercarriage covers_4245.jpg
46_Improving profile astbd Inner_4250.jpg
47_Stbd Inner_4259.jpg
48_Undercarriage covers fitted_4292.jpg
49_Nose assembly fitted_4295.jpg
50_Nose Assembly_4296.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Ive been hung up for a couple of days on this...there is a frame that fits inside the front canopy section, but when I dry fit things don't fit right along with fact that the canopy is not going to fit right, probably due to the issue I had with a bit of movement when the nose area was first done and moved slightly.
Anyway I am being paranoid about the fit and absolutely don't want any glue mark issue in the final fit of the frame inside the canopy, so i have been dry fitting and shaving small amounts here and there to get things to sit right...Oh all this after fitting the gunsight assembly which also affected the sit of the frame as well...
So 3 days going around in circles and its still not in place, all of this must be done right as a Silver coat is going to reveal any problems real quick!

So here are the parts and where I am going...I need to fit the frame first and then the canopy over the top to get the alignment I want .
53_Gun sight Assembly_4360.jpg
54Front Canopy & Frame_4361.jpg
55_Canopy Assy_4362.jpg
56_Internal frame_4363.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Andy - I'm sure you'll sort it.
Here's that frame on the real aircraft. Note how thin the semi-circular 'plates' are, compared to the fairly heavy representation on the kit parts. Maybe thinning the parts will help the fit ?

Midland Air Museum 029.jpg
Midland Air Museum 032.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back