**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D-25 "Coffey's Pot" - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks good Dave. Not sure what you paid for that specialty chipping product but hairspray will do the same thing. Safe trip.

Looks good Dave. Not sure what you paid for that specialty chipping product but hairspray will do the same thing. Safe trip.

Andy,

Yes. I am familiar with the use of Hairspray to achieve chipping effects and have in fact used it in the past. From my personal experience with it I have found the chips tend to be larger when removing the top coat. This is fine for 1/32 scale or 1/35 scale but I didn't want to replicate this in 1/48 scale. Besides, I wanted to try out a new product to see how it performed versus the hair spray technique. AK makes 2 chipping products one for large chipping and one they call "worn effects" which I believe is meant to show less chipping. I have both but decided to try the worn effects product to see what results I could get. price was $9 Cdn

Cheers,
Dave.

What's this 'maybe' thing ?
Of course it'll be the first trip out - something along the lines of "Oh, look honey - an air show just down the road, what a coincidence !" should cover any problems with SWMBO !!

Yep. Your right Terry. Hey who wouldn't think it would not be right thing to do I mean seeing the Kennedy Space Center and doubling up with an air show? My wife knows I am all for getting my money's worth when I can and this is a sure bet.

I hope you make it there, after all it's a two for one deal. How can you beat that? You probably already know this, but bring lots of sunscreen and use it. It's amazing how quickly you can burn in the Florida sun. Nothing worse than burning like a lobster on the first day of vacation. SPF 30 is a minimum and 50 is better. Put it on before you leave your hotel room in the morning and reapply throughout the day. I will get down off my motherly soapbox now. 8) Sunglasses are nice to have too!

Sunscreen, sunglasses? What are these things ?
Here in the UK, we have anti-rust cream and rain goggles - if we see a bright light in the sky, we duck, thinking it's an air burst !

I hope you make it there, after all it's a two for one deal. How can you beat that? You probably already know this, but bring lots of sunscreen and use it. It's amazing how quickly you can burn in the Florida sun. Nothing worse than burning like a lobster on the first day of vacation. SPF 30 is a minimum and 50 is better. Put it on before you leave your hotel room in the morning and reapply throughout the day. I will get down off my motherly soapbox now. 8) Sunglasses are nice to have too!

Chris,

We are seriously going to try getting over there. It's looking like Sunday at this point.

We are northerners so we will be packing lots of sunscreen and sun glasses.

Hi Folks,

Back from Vacay and just getting up to speed again. It's easter weekend so that means an extra day off from work. I am going to hit the bench this weekend and hopefully post some decent updates.

As for my 190A5 in the "Start To Finish" section I have started the aerial on Minke Pinke using some EZ-Line and should finish this one off too. I also primed the base for the airplane and hope to start on the wooden deck hardstand for it as well. Pics soon!

Last edited:
Okay all,

As mentioned previously, in addition to my work on Minke Pinke I got some more work done on my P47. I put the finishing touches on the cockpit with a wash and some dry brushing to bring out some highlights and its now ready to be glued together and mounted in the air frame.

I thought I would also show you a few pics of some upgrades i picked up for the kit. I got the eduard PE set but I only used a few pieces from it and will probably use the bezel as well as it looks pretty good. The Quickboost parts are for the
Tamiya kit but they will fit the Hasegawa kit.

_MG_2152a700.JPG

_MG_2157a500.JPG

_MG_2159a400.JPG

_MG_2155a600.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back