**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D-25 "Coffey's Pot" - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow, nice! So Dave, do you think you can get it done by Sunday evening?

Andy,

Yes. I believe so. I finished the bombs so will post some pics of those. Just need to mount those and the landing gear, paint the gear doors weather up the drop tank mount the 8x50s, paint and mount the gunsight and she's done. Canopy and windscreen are done too. Panel lines and weathering top side are done. Suppose to head out for a BBQ at some friends of ours Saturday afternoon but aside from this break I still think it's doable. I am going to work on it this evening as well.

Dave.

Thanks Gents.

Bombs are now complete. I added the fuse wires and hand painted the yellow markers on the bombs as the kit dd not come with decals for this. Apparently the these markers were't completely symmetrical on the real bombs and mine are not either. Also weathered up the pylons.

Stippled the bombs with Tamiya surface primer to give them a rough texture. then I painted them a mixture of OD and Dark yellow. Painted on the yellow markers and applied a green filter to fade the colour out a bit.

_MG_2388a650.JPG

_MG_2391a650.JPG

Last edited:
Yep. I am late. I had some problems with the starboard side fuselage paint which threw a massive wrench into my completion time(had to strip the gloss coat, reapply, give it a wash, then flat coat it) and the port wing in which the superscale decals gave up the ghost and tore during the weathering process which had to be reapplied. So she's still not done but I just have to add the antenna, site guide, navigation lights and tailwheel(just has to be glued on) and that's it.

Here are a few shots of my oh so close to be being completed Jug.

IMG_1533a700.JPG

IMG_1535a700.JPG

IMG_1536a700.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Geo.

I gotta say this NMF build was much more difficult than my 1/32 K-61. Maybe it's the scale 1/48 vs. 1/32 but this one really tested my modelling skills which I could use an improvement on. Better skills=<frustration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back