**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Thunderbolt "Razorback" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

I'll have to remember that Paul, thank you sir for the tip. I haven't done much this week but plans are to do some tonight and this weekend, hopefully.
 
Been painting and repainting and working the seem on the air duct under the engine. Hair's getting thin but getting closer.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5183 P-47 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_5183 P-47 resized 20.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 449
Nice work Aaron, it's progressing well. Looking forward to seeing more. Hope to be doing a 'Razorback' myself in the not too distant future.
 
This is an excellent kit. Probably the nicest one I have ever worked and I would highly recommend it Terry. And thank you Glenn. posted same time thanks A4K.
 
Really looking good Aaron. What color and brand is that yellow chromate? I ask because I found ( quite by accident ) Testors Yellow Zinc Chromate in the 1/4 oz. square bottle at my local craft store and I'm wondering if that is what I see behind the fuselage.
 
That is so cool. It looks to be the perfect shade of yellow chromate. Why the hell can't Testors put it in their Model Master range, and in a 1/2 oz. bottle? The conventional wisdom always seemed to be that nobody produced this color.
 
Who knows? I got two bottles just in case they quit making it. I may take one to the paint store and get them to color match it for the heck of it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back